Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta testing for SF .

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by limited cv8r View Post
    what is the general agenda for this beta testing, just trying to get a heads up on what would be involved.
    Well first you would need to submit an AutoCal beta tester's application, unless you have already and I missed it.
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...orm&Itemid=135

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Did things start and I missed it, or are we running behind schedule?

Rgds

Jim
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    Did things start and I missed it, or are we running behind schedule?

Rgds

Jim
    The beta test started about two weeks ago, the beta applications closed last week.
    Once the beta software is stable/working, it will be made available for download. That should be in about a week.

Regards
    Paul

Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Not quite sure where to post this, so figure I would here where the AUTOCAL has been mentioned. I was talking to a tuner the other day about my conversion I am doing, and he mentioned the AUTOCAL as possibly being a good route for me to take once it's available. I understand this unit allows stand-alone flashing with a tuners pre-loaded tunes, but what else will it do? Will it be able to work with EFILIVE tune tool as well similiar to that of the V2? I'm not looking to do engine tuning myself, I found one I want to do that part. My question mostly pertains to gear changes, speedometer settings, and changing shift points some to match my set-up. It is an 01 DMAX/ALLY that I am swapping into an older body style SUBURBAN and may want to make tweaks to some of the settings to make it all work. Will the AUTOCAL be able to do this, or will I need to get a V2?
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Not quite sure where to post this, so figure I would here where the AUTOCAL has been mentioned. I was talking to a tuner the other day about my conversion I am doing, and he mentioned the AUTOCAL as possibly being a good route for me to take once it's available. I understand this unit allows stand-alone flashing with a tuners pre-loaded tunes, but what else will it do? Will it be able to work with EFILIVE tune tool as well similiar to that of the V2? I'm not looking to do engine tuning myself, I found one I want to do that part. My question mostly pertains to gear changes, speedometer settings, and changing shift points some to match my set-up. It is an 01 DMAX/ALLY that I am swapping into an older body style SUBURBAN and may want to make tweaks to some of the settings to make it all work. Will the AUTOCAL be able to do this, or will I need to get a V2?
    The AutoCal units are designed to be sold to end users and supported by workshops, dealers, resellers. EFILive will most likely not be selling single units to the general public. There will be a number of features that tuners can turn on or off before selling AutoCal units to their customers.

With the most features turned on (the most expensive option) AutoCal will behave almost the same as FlashScan and will allow full scanning, logging and tuning duties. Obviously it has no external inputs and no SD card so it will be limited in its scanning duties by those missing features.

With the least number of options turned on (the most cost effective option), AutoCal will perform scanning, data logging and reflashing of preloaded tunes only. In this minimum configuration the end user will rely on the tuner that sold the AutoCal unit to make changes to any tuning parameters.

So it will really be up to the tuner that you purchase AutoCal from what options you and the tuner decide to activate.

Regards
    Paul

Thank you. Sounds like the right option for me. I don't need any real adjustments for fueling or timing, just maybe an idle tweak, speedometer, gears, and possibly some torque management with a shift point change. Never know how it will react in a different vehicle being set-up for road trips and some moderate towing vs factory built for general useage.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

it has no external inputs
    Looks like people will need to get creative to log AFR.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Looks like people will need to get creative to log AFR.
    There is a serial option*... but using it requires opening the AutoCal and soldering onto the circuit board. A fairly trivial hack but one that will void the warranty.

*The serial option (logically identical to the serial port on FlashScan) was required in order to program the Infineon CPU during manufacturing.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The beta test started about two weeks ago, the beta applications closed last week.
    Once the beta software is stable/working, it will be made available for download. That should be in about a week.

Regards
    Paul
    Many thanks for the update Paul.

Rgds

Jim
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast