Thread: E38 problem

Default E38 problem

I have a 2007 5.3 out of a silverado i just have the engine harness obd harness and the dbw harness.I have the engine harness c4 wired up so it gets all it's power and ground from what the schematic says the throttle plate moves when i move the pedal but when i crank it has no spark should i have spark trying to turn it on like this...coils,o2 sensors, everything has power and ground but just no spark is there something im missing what do i need to do to the ecm it should run i'm bypassing everything. thanks

Did you disable VATs.....
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    Did you disable VATs.....
    No i have not will that kill the spark and not make the coils fire....Where can i send my pcm so they can fix it up to run this engine sorry for all the question first time swapping efi engines.

Lifetime Member

Default vats

vats are tricky on e38 stand alone set ups.i just went though it this weekend setting up a e38 to do engine dyno only on gen 4 took me like 12 flashes to get it to work and every time i start it after a reflash some times takes 5 trys to start like its doing a relurn.lurning vats are off lol got me

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed View Post
    vats are tricky on e38 stand alone set ups.i just went though it this weekend setting up a e38 to do engine dyno only on gen 4 took me like 12 flashes to get it to work and every time i start it after a reflash some times takes 5 trys to start like its doing a relurn.lurning vats are off lol got me
    how much would you charge me to set up my ECM for standalone I need some help with this nobody around here where I live has a clue of what Im doing .....thanks

Do you have EFILive? If so just post your tune up and someone can modify it for you, else contact Jesse at Wait4me performance.
    http://www.wait4meperformance.com/
    You could send your ECM to him to get sorted.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.