Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LC-1 Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingSS
    I do not need anymore licenses(have 5 opens) but I will start working on a tutorial. I have had mine working for a few months.

Bill
    I take it if you don't want it.

What is the latest on this tutorial for everyone on how to install the LC-1??
    '00 Pewter TA WS6 12.6@111 on street tires 1.87 60'
    PERFORMANCE: BG Ram Air, Lid, K&N, MSD 8.5 wires, NGK TR55's, 160*
    SUSPENSION: BMR-STB/SFC/PHR, UMI LCA's
    DRIVETRAIN: rebuilt 4L60E. 3000TCI, Hayden Trans Cooler, Yukon 3.73's, TA girdle
    TUNING: EFILive
    No runs after engine upgrade
    Newest mods:LS6-intake/heads/ported oil pump, 28lb injectors, Comps-918's, Comps 224/230 .581/.592 114 cam, Dynatech LT's, Rollmaster chain.

I'm (hopefully) installing it this weekend in my WU6 ... guess I'll take pictures of the install ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by ws6togo
    What is the latest on this tutorial for everyone on how to install the LC-1??
    There are various ways to go...

http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads7
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=564 post 6+
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=20

I suggest first bench testing your LC-1 (program it to output some voltage and check it using a DMM and/or FlashScan/EFILive) before installing it on vehicle.

thanks for the update
    '00 Pewter TA WS6 12.6@111 on street tires 1.87 60'
    PERFORMANCE: BG Ram Air, Lid, K&N, MSD 8.5 wires, NGK TR55's, 160*
    SUSPENSION: BMR-STB/SFC/PHR, UMI LCA's
    DRIVETRAIN: rebuilt 4L60E. 3000TCI, Hayden Trans Cooler, Yukon 3.73's, TA girdle
    TUNING: EFILive
    No runs after engine upgrade
    Newest mods:LS6-intake/heads/ported oil pump, 28lb injectors, Comps-918's, Comps 224/230 .581/.592 114 cam, Dynatech LT's, Rollmaster chain.

Man I have had nothing but headaches with mine...

First one installed worked on the dyno, but when I drove home with it, about 5-10 minute of road driving it would go to 30-50 AFR. Recalibrated and did some Voltage readings with Dean on the phone from DynoTune and they said to return it.

Sent it back for a replacement.

Replacement was scanned as delievered to my house but I never received it...

Order another one at my expense (can't argue with confirmation delivery...oh ya, I have a new mailman now...).

Install it again yesterday... follow the instructions, shows 14 +- I am happy, but then letting it run, it goes to 49 AFR and I get an error 8...

On the up side, it does see it in EFI live...

Gonna make the heat sink I guess. And I cannot connect to the LC-1 with the laptop...I have a USB serial adapter set up as Comm 1 (anyone know the correct com port settings to communicate baud rate parity etc...)

Oh here are the pics if you need them for the tutorial (or maybe someone can spot something obviously wrong)???

1999 Corvette factory exhaust

1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Beer - I had 3 kinds of hell with mine until I got the grounds straight. Make sure all unused wiring is capped off and not shorted with any other wiring.

My original config had the LC1's drawing power from the BxS2 NB harnesess. Current config has a dedicated 12+ to the battery utilizing a relay controled by the BxS2 for the on off switching. Ground is chassis ground, but in your case, I'd go straight back to the battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12