Thread: Upgrading Nightmare. =(

Default Upgrading Nightmare. =(

May have figured it out. I may have made an error.
    Last edited by Stealth97; March 2nd, 2009 at 05:44 PM.

You need to upgrade the boot block and/or firmware most likely.

Read the Upgrading FlashScan.rtf that is in
    C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Be sure to read and understand (I think you already have, but I want to be sure):

Updating FlashScan V2 Firmware:
    showthread.php?t=9375 posts #9 and #10
    showthread.php?t=10014

What I did wrong was I didn't hold Ctrl on the flashscan and it told me wrong information. Confused me because I thought I was in deadpoll mode.

I'm going to now try to figure out what is up with my RoadRunner.

Stealth97

What is wrong with the RR?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    What is wrong with the RR?
    I'm about to check it out.

Here is basically what happened so far:

1. I was driving the truck, screwing around with EFI Live only, and while trying to switch back and forth between flash and emulation (trying to figure out why I can't get my truck to start while under "Flash" or whatever). I was stuck in traffic so I'd shut her off at these looooooooooooong red lights. Well, I clicked the Emulator/Flash button and click the key. Crank but never fire. I tried to switch back and it still wouldn't fire. I got stuck for 8 minutes while on the way to work and my own father even passed me while I was sitting IN a major traffic jam with a no start condition *smacks forehead*. What got it working was 3 or 4 reprogram attempts in a row quickly and keep trying to restart.

2. I finally got TunerCATS OBDII working. I just want to play with it a little bit. So I got it to communicate and TC communicated with the RoadRunner and connected a few times in the truck. I shut the truck off and went to bed (Friday thankfully). Next day no start condition. I swap to my spare ECM because I don't have time to screw around with it (girlfriend sitting in the passenger seat, dog in the backseat ready to leave). Now I'm going to try to start the truck under the power of the RoadRunner again.

I still can't figure out what the purpose is of the Flash/Emulation thing. It doesn't work on my RoadRunner and I've never really contacted Craig about it to figure out which version I have. I thought I read something here about it and had it all understood but now I forgot again and it still boggles me why I can't load any tunes normally in the RoadRunner in anyway. I guess that is the modified part of it. Only through the usb cable. Just tinkering and learning. You know how it is.

Ok. I am running the 2002 G-van L31 with 4L80E trans segment swap tune. I am also running 255cc injectors and a marine intake manifold.

I think I am using operating system 12212156 in my 12200411 PCM. I think I have been using this for awhile now. When I try to program my RR, it says the *.tun file's OS number 12212156, is not compatible with the RR OS number 2147483647. A calibration reflash is permitted when both operating systems are compatible.

The only thing I did to "change" the OS was connect with the TunerCATS box. That is it. That seems to have killed the system. I didn't download, upload or do ANYTHING. Merely connected.

Oh and when I try to download the .tun, it says it is corrupt basically and EFI Live will not allow it to be flashed into a PCM (bad checksums).

I have to somehow reset my RR.