Thread: Problems installing 8.1.2 with Windows XP

Default Problems installing 8.1.2 with Windows XP

After installing 8.1.2 I cannot find the folder (application data). It does not exist in documents and settings> all users. I ran a search and it does
    not come up. Any ideas? I am ultimately trying to find the config txt file so I can make the necessary modifications before I install the new update on my V2.
    08 Z06

Look here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8

Thanks for the reply 98 C5. The problem is that the folder "application data" does not show in windows. But in EFI Explorer it is there just as you have shown :\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8 . In Windows what I show is C/Documents and Settings\All Users\ Desktop, Favorites, Shared Documents, or Start menu but no "application data" folder. Since I cannot locate this folder I cannot ultimately get the "config folder". What is strange is that even though I cannot come up with the folder in Windows it shows up in EFI Explorer menu. Thanks for any help.
    08 Z06

The 'Application Data' folder is hidden. There are 2 ways to get there, either type in the entire address in windows explorer i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data. The other option is to enable hidden folders to be visible. You can do this by opening windows explorer, clicking on the 'Tools' menu at the top, then 'Folder Options...'. A new window will pop up. Go to the 'View' tab and look for the 'Hidden Files and Folders' option. Set it to 'Show Hidden Files and Folders'.

Thanks poolshark021 that was the problem, the icon was hidden.
    Jim
    08 Z06