Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTS-V with a LS2 and maggie

Default CTS-V with a LS2 and maggie

I am just about to install a Magneson SuperCharger on the V. I am going to attempt to do the tune myself but I would like a good starting point for the base tune.

I have done some searches but I have had no success. Since I am a rookie at this I would like to start with a Base tune so that I am not too far off.

Any advice would be appreciated on this one and thanks in advance.

Lifetime Member

not being rude here but i think you're very brave ....don't the Magnesons come with a flash tune device with a "base tune" or is that only for the LS1's. Personally I would go to a good tuner and get a good base tune done. If you ask nicely he may even let you watch and show you a few pointers during the tune to get you started. Tuning a supercharged engine as a "rookie" is a big ask mate.
    Mike
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

I am hoping a "good" tuner could do something a little better than a baseline.

I understand it is a big task and that is why I was hoping someone had a good baseline to start with. I was thinking about tuning it myself to get a little experience but to remap the ECM for the first time for a supercharger would be a bit much.

My plan was:
    - Get a Baseline tune
    - Adjust the map to try and optimize it for a run down the street
    - Go to a professional and have it dyno tuned (Final tune I hope)

I appreciate your advice and I understand your concerns. If I decided to give up every time someone said this is a big task and you shouldn't do it I wouldn't be writing software for Semiconductor equipment.

I realize this is a completely different beast but I believe I can do it and I plan to. I was just hoping someone had a tune out there for a LS2 that I could use to start with. If I had the Magneson tune I wouldn't be asking for a baseline here.

If I blow the motor up then it will be time for a stroked LS2. I believe with the plan above the risk is low so this is why I plan to proceed.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderV View Post
    I am hoping a "good" tuner could do something a little better than a baseline.

I understand it is a big task and that is why I was hoping someone had a good baseline to start with. I was thinking about tuning it myself to get a little experience but to remap the ECM for the first time for a supercharger would be a bit much.

My plan was:
    - Get a Baseline tune
    - Adjust the map to try and optimize it for a run down the street
    - Go to a professional and have it dyno tuned (Final tune I hope)

I appreciate your advice and I understand your concerns. If I decided to give up every time someone said this is a big task and you shouldn't do it I wouldn't be writing software for Semiconductor equipment.

I realize this is a completely different beast but I believe I can do it and I plan to. I was just hoping someone had a tune out there for a LS2 that I could use to start with. If I had the Magneson tune I wouldn't be asking for a baseline here.

If I blow the motor up then it will be time for a stroked LS2. I believe with the plan above the risk is low so this is why I plan to proceed.
    Good attitude mate !
    what ECU is it??? E38? E40?

Mike
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

E67.

Cheers,
    Rob

all i can say dude is spend a couple of months reading tutorials and forum questions before any modifications (knowledge is power)

I have been reading the tutorials and I have been experimenting with the NA setup.

Thank you for the advice but looks like I will need to look elsewhere for a baseline.

Are you going to stick with the base op system...or go to a COS3 or COS5?
    Don't know much about tuning the later model vehicles....but for me the COS3 is quite easy to 'play' with.
    Do you have a WBO2 installed? You'll need one.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderV View Post
    I have been reading the tutorials and I have been experimenting with the NA setup.

Thank you for the advice but looks like I will need to look elsewhere for a baseline.
    One thing you need to remember is this is a forum about the Efilive software & not a tuning forum as such. However there is quite a bit of information in regards to tuning methods available here if you know what to search for.
    You could try PM Oztrack or waitforme & see what they can do in relation to a base tune for your combo. They both make a living doing this sort of thing. I have used Steves (Oztrack) service for a baseline tune before & it was pretty near on the money. I have also heard good things about Jesse's tunes. (waitforme)
    The Tremor at AIR

That makes sense. I was searching the site and there were some baseline tunes available but not what I was looking for. I was throwing a feeler out there to see if anyone had one available. No problem if they don't but I do appreciate the advice.

Awesome software and I really look forward to tuning the V with it. I will get it done one way or another but I was just looking for a little assistance.

I had a Haltech computer in a '90 Firebird and that was fun to tune but I can see this software is far superior and I can use the stock PCM. :thumbsup:

Again, Thanks everyone for your help.
    Last edited by ThunderV; March 17th, 2009 at 05:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast