Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wester's Garage Software

Default Wester's Garage Software

Has anyone ever used their software? One of my friends, talked to a guy, in my area, who has a tuning buisness and he was telling him that he bought the software from them and he has absolutely no experience tuning... I guess his dealer does all the tuning for him, or they have hundred's(maybe thousand's) of pre-made tune's available and he just uploads the pre-made tune's into the vehicle's and charge's accordingly! My buddy asked him some question's about timing, PE, AFR, TM... He was clueless.

I just thought that was CRAZY! I actually looked at their site and they support quite a few vehicle's from 1982-2007 GM-FORD-6.5 Diesel
    Last edited by GAMEOVER; March 10th, 2009 at 10:53 AM.
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

-Joshua
    408 ECSB|244/248|WCCH 2.5 LSA|
    FLT4|COS3 SD EFI Live|FTI 4200|4.30's|truetrac|

To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate.

I've never seen it, they have a license structure aimed at workshops only so it does price itself out of the single user market.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I've never seen it, they have a license structure aimed at workshops only so it does price itself out of the single user market.
    Supposedly it is based on the TunerCATS Software (identical backbone) but Westers has definition files not available to TunerCATS users (that Westers had created himself or for him and he will not give them out for free. For example, the Diesel .vdf is sold by Westers Garage but not TunerCATS).

So, as we have discussed before, TC is way behind EFI Live. EFI Live is the KING of GM tuning no doubt.

Westers is just a very expensive TunerCATS. People think the only way to get TunerCATS is by buying the JET DST. This is untrue. There is still one way to buy the original TunerCATS brand new.

I'll tell you this. I ordered a custom tune from Westers years ago, had to send it back twice, and it never was correct. The tune was unmodified in the spark areas from stock (but was requested) and had PE and fueling doing stupid things. Basically it knocked randomly in the midrange and it shouldn't have. I wish I had a copy to show you guys now but my old laptop was stolen so I don't. I promptly figured out that Westers isn't all he says he is. I do not support Westers after the crap support I received and that is when I got into tuning heavily and bought TC and EFI Live to learn on. The Westers tune I bought was the biggest waste of money ever, seriously. Maybe things are better today but part of my money was used to fund his operation and I'm not all that thrilled about it.

Shortly after my bad experience with Westers Garage, a new tuner came around named Jesse Bubb at Wait4Me tuning. I thought Wait4Me was an odd name and after my Westers experience I immediately thought this guy was another Wester using our vehicles to learn on and play with. I never tried Jesses stuff or even bothered to look further into what he offered. I wrote him off after my Wester experience. Whether or not he knew his stuff in the beginning I do not know but I called Jesse Bubb from Wait4Me last year and he helped me IMMENSELY with a Ford project. He is very knowledgeable and very willing to talk on the phone about things. I'd recommend people talk to Mr. Bubb if they want advice. He solved my issue and seems to be very helpful also on this EFI Live forum!

Hope some of info is insightful.

Eric

Thanks Eric for the complement and the trust. Im glad i was able to help you out.

The name started as just a joke on the forums, but at the time of starting my biz, that is just what everyone on the net knew me as so it was kinda just what i was stuck with as it was product recognition on the people who knew me.

Sometimes i wish i would have changed it, but heck, you dont forget the name wait4me! lol Hope things are going good for you. thanks Jes
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Stealth97,
    I agree
    EFI LIVE is KING of GM TUNING...
    Last edited by GAMEOVER; March 10th, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Sometimes i wish i would have changed it, but heck, you dont forget the name wait4me! lol
    I remember years ago there was a company out here who did mobile diagnostics on late model cars, the guy was a real genius and could diagnose any problem. Unfortunately the business name was 'Injector Clean', so when you suggested to someone to call them the instant response was "I've already had the injectors cleaned", they really needed to change the name.

Gameover, what is the car up on the hoist? I can't quite tell, an Impala?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross,
    Yes, I had just finished welding in a new exhaust. My buddy owns it and he let's me take it out cruising once in a while...
    If I remember right it's a 65 Impala. It's a nice, clean, smooth driving car(even though it's got 24" wheels) but it's getting a new LS2 crate motor & 4l60E in about 3 months. The 283 and the 2 speed powerglide are at their end....
    Last edited by GAMEOVER; March 10th, 2009 at 10:49 AM.

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes, due to time constraints -- we were never really interested in the single user market, and chose to work with tuning shops instead.

Flashscan device $899
    E60 Stream license is $2399
    E54 Stream license is $2399

Total $5697 USD.

Westers Garage DDTuner Duramax package

$2295 includes interface and programming software.
    Same LLY and LB7 coverage as EFILive.

So I don't think we're that unreasonable to work with.
    + we do have all 6.5TD coverage.

lol, 11 years late on the reply mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast