Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll try this in here, anyone get too much timing pull with COS5?

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1 View Post
    I'm wondering, has there been any kind of updates or changes to the cos5 file, maybe I got one that has a glitch, I downloaded it a while ago, is that possible?
    I have heard of an upgraded COS to allow a bigger dry shot. Apparently the first release limits wouldnt allow any bigger than a 225 shot.
    I havent done that static test yet but will do it ASAP.
    Last edited by 5.7ute; March 11th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
    The Tremor at AIR

Devon,

Not related, but you should edit these to some in-range values:

Out of Range calibration summary: 07:47:13 pm, Wednesday Mar 11, 2009

EFILive Custom Calibrations
    {A0001} Forced Octane Scaler Percentage, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0002} Octane Scaler Limiter, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0004} MAP Disable TPS VE Table, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0005} RPM Disable TPS VE Table, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0006} TPS Disable TPS VE Table, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0017} N20 Monitor VE Multiplier Table RPM Enable, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0018} N20 Monitor VE Multiplier Table MAP Enable, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0007} TPS VE Table, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
    To do set those values to in-range do these 2 steps:

1. that set some legal value (like min+1 or max-1) on all those tables/parameters, save the file, exit the tunetool, restart the tunetool...

2. if you wanted a min or max value in a table/parameter, go and edit that in, and save file.

When a value is out-of-range, the tunetool displays the nearest legal min or max value, even tho the actual value is outside of the legal range [min..max]... the tunetool detects editing changes based on the displayed values rather than the actual values.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Devon,

Not related, but you should edit these to some in-range values:

To do set those values to in-range do these 2 steps:

1. that set some legal value (like min+1 or max-1) on all those tables/parameters, save the file, exit the tunetool, restart the tunetool...

2. if you wanted a min or max value in a table/parameter, go and edit that in, and save file.

When a value is out-of-range, the tunetool displays the nearest legal min or max value, even tho the actual value is outside of the legal range [min..max]... the tunetool detects editing changes based on the displayed values rather than the actual values.
    Sweet, thanks for that heads up, I was wondering why it always said that when they were within range, just did it and it's gone, but the tps ve table didn't want to go away even though it was within range, so I just put it to 0, it's disabled anyways, I don't use that option.

So from looking at the tune, any ideas on why it's pulling too much timing, the fact that all those were showing out of range couldn't have been glitching the computer could they? Just trying to think of ideas!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Set the TPS VE table to min_value+1 (i.e. one value bigger than the minimum value) all over, save the file, exit the tunetool...

then reopen the tunetool and set that table to min_value, and save the file.

I couldn't see why timing was pulling an extra 1.5*.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Set the TPS VE table to min_value+1 (i.e. one value bigger than the minimum value) all over, save the file, exit the tunetool...

then reopen the tunetool and set that table to min_value, and save the file.

I couldn't see why timing was pulling an extra 1.5*.
    I set it to 9.5 and it pulled 11, so as long as I can get it to what I want i'm ok I guess, just gonna have to test it after each change to make sure it works right.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Well... that might be the way to do it for now, until someone finds the reason for the extra 1.5.

Can't look from this pc, but make sure burst knock isn't pulling timing based on changes in grams/cyl.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    Can't look from this pc, but make sure burst knock isn't pulling timing based on changes in grams/cyl.
    Doc already caught that and he showed me how to shut it off, it was originally pulling .5 degrees from my motor tuneup, I used to always have to set it .5 higher, no longer!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

BTW, I went and tested it all out tonight, was only making 1/8th mile hits to try and read plugs and dial in the tune, and got a new best 1/8th mile, went a 5.88 @ 114.98 and this was on only a 275 shot and the a/f was way off, I gotta get some more jets to play with, a/f was in the 10.0 to 10.2 range, should pick up a bunch when I get it dialed in!!!

Here's video, first vid is on a 175 to try and make sure my problem I had is gone after having my head repaired and it was so I stepped up and the ramp I put in the controller softened up the hit just enough to keep me down and moving forward instead of goin to the bumper, worked awesome and cut a 1.34 60'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhA8qfc0VX0
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Default Similar but opposite problem

I'm also using custom OS5 (02020005). I was at the Texas Mile this weekend and had my final high spark table set at 26* and commanded a 3* drop from the Boost Timing Table. I was expecting to get 23* yet my scan file shows 24.5*. This is concerning because I was expecting the get the full "safety net" yet only got 1/2 of the timing drop I was looking for. I don't believe there are any tables that would add timing, are there?

Thanks,
    Bobby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12