Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EFILive History

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    So if you worked 8-10 like the rest of us you might be able to afford the girls? Maybe one or two of them? :snicker:
    This just might take the "best post for 2009" award...
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    This just might take the "best post for 2009" award...
    Paul
    I'm guessing EFI Live is a 60-80 hour week project for each of you, if not more and others I'm assuming (sales staff, etc.). Not only must one or both of you program, one or both must run the "office" side and both of you more than likely look at the expenditures and sales / accounting.

Craig Moates seems like he works 100 hours per week so it wouldn't surprise me if you told me you did the same. Running ANY business is no easy task, unless of course you are a crook.

Regards,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    So if you worked 8-10 like the rest of us you might be able to afford the girls? Maybe one or two of them? :snicker:
    If they can't afford the real things , maybe cardboard cutouts would do .
    http://www.incrediblegifts.com/stanbysec.html
    Thanks for the History Lesson on EFILIve .

Gil
    Last edited by Chevy366; March 13th, 2009 at 12:15 PM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    If they can't afford the real things , maybe cardboard cutouts would do .
    Thanks for the History Lesson on EFILIve .

Gil
    Or stick drawings on a post-it note...

If you could only unlock the PIDs of a female mind. Some one said they though GM winged some of those tuning values!!!! Imagine what we would find in there. The real trick would be returning it to stock so you could trade it in, or worse take it back to where you bought for warrantee work.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRD-PREY View Post
    If you could only unlock the PIDs of a female mind. Some one said they though GM winged some of those tuning values!!!! Imagine what we would find in there. The real trick would be returning it to stock so you could trade it in, or worse take it back to where you bought for warrantee work.!!!!
    330 rwkw EFILIVE OS 01290005 SD Cam / Head Tuned 6 speed VY SS Commodore
    10/71 Blown 572 Big Block Chev HQ 2 Door Monaro

GM Performance Centre
    Busselton WA
    AUSTRALIA
    Phone: 0447 003050

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    1 - It started back with the program Car Bytes, Paul wrote that for he's 1996 Holden (ALDL) as there was no scantool for that car. Myself and Paul met on a old school Email list back then called DIY_EFI, probably around 1998 or 1999, I don't recall. That was a great forum, I remember all the guys from all the other tuning companies were on there as well (Edit, HPT, TC).
    At that stage he lived about 15mins from me. One day we decided to try to make a tuning program for LS1's, probably sometime in 02/03, he then decided to move to New Zealand . At that stage EFILive was an after hours task, not our full time jobs.

2 - We weren't in the tuning business before this, we were hobbyists too.

3 - Scanning not sure, but for the LS1, LS1Edit was the first PC based tuner, hats off to them, no matter what people say about it, it opened up the LS1 aftermarket world like no other product did.

We both come from the era when 'tuning a chip' meant using a hex editor, no fancy 3D graphs back then, compared to what people used to use back in the 90's, EFILive has certainly made the modern tuners job a lot easier.

Cheers,
    Ross

Hey Ross I'm writing a 6 page paper on EFI Live for a composition class for a college class I'm and would like a history of EFI live and how it has evolved into what it is today from one credible source. I am very into tuning with efi live and when the opportunity came up to write a paper on something that interested me I knew immediately what I wanted to write it on. I took Zach Fullers class 2 years ago. if you could answer a few questions that would be awesome
    First: I want to know more about you and Pual personally. things like when and where you were born and raised what you guys did for a living, how you met and what led you to get into tuning.
    2: what gave you the idea of making a business out of efi tuning when the market was pretty well non existent at the time?
    3: How did efi live evolve into the diesel side of tuning and who was involved and contributed?
    4: How and did the idea of making the v1 come to you and when was it released to the public?
    5: What made Paul move to New Zealand??
    I'd also like to include some info on the forums and how the forums have helped fix bugs and the helped the r&d side of the tuner and software.

This would help me out so much and would really appreciate if someone could provide me with this info!!!
    Thanks so much,
    Kaleb Jones

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kajon25 View Post
    Hey Ross I'm writing a 6 page paper on EFI Live for a composition class for a college class I'm and would like a history of EFI live and how it has evolved into what it is today from one credible source. I am very into tuning with efi live and when the opportunity came up to write a paper on something that interested me I knew immediately what I wanted to write it on. I took Zach Fullers class 2 years ago. if you could answer a few questions that would be awesome
    First: I want to know more about you and Pual personally. things like when and where you were born and raised what you guys did for a living, how you met and what led you to get into tuning.
    2: what gave you the idea of making a business out of efi tuning when the market was pretty well non existent at the time?
    3: How did efi live evolve into the diesel side of tuning and who was involved and contributed?
    4: How and did the idea of making the v1 come to you and when was it released to the public?
    5: What made Paul move to New Zealand??
    I'd also like to include some info on the forums and how the forums have helped fix bugs and the helped the r&d side of the tuner and software.

This would help me out so much and would really appreciate if someone could provide me with this info!!!
    Thanks so much,
    Kaleb Jones
    If your "Googl-Fu" was high you might have found this page... https://www.experts-exchange.com/members/zebada.html
    Although that's about 10-15 years out of date

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by kajon25 View Post
    Thanks so much,
    Kaleb Jones
    I'll shoot you a PM Kaleb

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Okay thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast