Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another problem with DSP 5...HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    His tune looks alright, voltages and dsp files are ok except for timing in #4.

What are you trying to achive? Curious with the retarded timing?
    Basically I'm experimenting with making a tune purely for smoke

Quote Originally Posted by jimter View Post
    Your dsp appears to be working. by looking at you "McKinsey DSP 3 Log" you can see your main fuel flow rate never got above 32.5 mm3 witch in your tune 3 A3105 is only slightly above stock levels in this area of the fuel map.
    a easy way to check this is to open the your current tune in the tune tool and play back your log file while looking at the A3105 map and watch where the highlighted cell moves to as the log file plays back. the highlighted cell is the value being used at that point in the log playback.

Edit: It would also help you to log fuel rail pressure to make this a little more easy to see.

Hope this helps
    Okay man, I'll check into some of this thanks for the help. The only reason I never really modified those tables previously is bacause in the original race tune I made for him basically I never modified these tables just pulse and timing and it ran awesome....so I didn't mess with them on the DSP files either. Like I say all the tunes feel identical.

Okay, here's another copy of McKinsey's DSP 3 Log, I changed the rail pressure PID back to the metric setting, missed that earlier. I see where it appears as stated earlier that I'm not getting much over 30 mm3 of fuel...is it from lack of pressure? Shouldn't it at least be getting the same fuel delivery at full throttle that I normally would be stock?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question Hmm...

Something appears to be limiting fuel.
    I may be missing a limiting table somewhere but every thing looks ok.
    The only thing i really see is your MAF and boost seems higher than what the ECM is expecting but I'm not sure if that can limit fuel without setting a DTC first. Maybe Ross shed some light on this situation.
    2001 K2500HD Duramax/Allison

Is it possible to have someone send me a complete set of DSP 5 tune files that they know works properly so that I could script it over to his OS# and see if it works correctly, that would also allow me to see the difference that is limiting my tune when I run the script?

Also something I thought of just out of curiosity, could it be an issue with memory in the ECM?

Anybody?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12