Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another problem with DSP 5...HELP!!!

Default Another problem with DSP 5...HELP!!!

Hey guys,
    Okay now that I got the switch wired into my buddie's truck and fixed my issue with the loose ground pin I have another problem...The switch is working and the scan tool shows that it's switching tunes, the problem is that it's not actually switching them...all the tunes feel the same and like they're less than stock. I dunno what's going on. I feel like I've tried everything....when I just flash one tune to the truck it works fine, but when I try to load it with the DSP files it just totally reverses it. I've been doing full reflashes and everything, I've posted some logs, one showing that the switch voltage is in fact changing, one on the stock position, and one on what is supposed to be the race tune, as well as the stock tune and the DSP Upgrade w/ Tunes

Here's the info guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

Check your tune file, in each DSP1-4 file there is a voltage table in the Parameters section.

Make sure the voltage is set to 4v in DSP1, 3v in DSP2, 2v in DSP3, and 1v in DSP4.

Tony
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Your pin must not be in the correct hole. The signal should be in pin 69.

I already did that, I also tried it by setting the voltage to exactly what the scan tool was showing it to be and had the same result...

Your pin must not be in the correct hole. The signal should be in pin 69

Possibly, but if it's in fact detecting the switch than is the signal wire still in the wrong position?

His tune looks alright, voltages and dsp files are ok except for timing in #4.

What are you trying to achive? Curious with the retarded timing?

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Check your tune file, in each DSP1-4 file there is a voltage table in the Parameters section.

Make sure the voltage is set to 4v in DSP1, 3v in DSP2, 2v in DSP3, and 1v in DSP4.

Tony

The grounding pin is the issue. I missed the part that the scan picks up the v differences

Quote Originally Posted by LBZoom View Post
    Your pin must not be in the correct hole. The signal should be in pin 69

Possibly, but if it's in fact detecting the switch than is the signal wire still in the wrong position?

Smile your dsp5 is working

Your dsp appears to be working. by looking at you "McKinsey DSP 3 Log" you can see your main fuel flow rate never got above 32.5 mm3 witch in your tune 3 A3105 is only slightly above stock levels in this area of the fuel map.
    a easy way to check this is to open the your current tune in the tune tool and play back your log file while looking at the A3105 map and watch where the highlighted cell moves to as the log file plays back. the highlighted cell is the value being used at that point in the log playback.

Edit: It would also help you to log fuel rail pressure to make this a little more easy to see.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by jimter; March 12th, 2009 at 03:51 PM.
    2001 K2500HD Duramax/Allison

Quote Originally Posted by LBZoom View Post
    I already did that, I also tried it by setting the voltage to exactly what the scan tool was showing it to be and had the same result...
    Don't do that, the switch voltages need to be between the actual voltages from the switch.
    In other words it works like this (literally) -
    Assume the calibrations for the switch voltages are set like so -
    Tune #4 = 1.0V
    Tune #3 = 2.0V
    Tune #2 = 3.0V
    Tune #1 = 4.0V
    Stock = Above 4.0V (you can't really edit this one).

So, the ECM reads the switch voltage and does this -
    Is the switch voltage below 1.0V?
    If yes then use Tune #4, if not then...
    Is the switch voltage below 2.0V but above 1.0V?
    If yes then use Tune #3, and so on.

So for it to use Tune #4 the switch voltage in position 4 must be below 1.0V. If the switch voltage was 0.8V at position #4 then this works, if you set the switch voltage to exactly 0.8V then it will probably randomly toggle between Tune #4 and Tune #3.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast