Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EFIExplorer Problem

I'm not sure how to include a screen shot on this system. The "insert image" button requires a URL and I don't see any other image inclusion facility.

In any event, EE reports a boot block version of 2.05.02 with a date of April 25, 2008 and a firmware version of 2.06.06 with a date of Dec 14, 2008. Does that sound about right?

I am going to change the oil in my truck today and do a few checks on it with the scanner. I'll let you know how well it works.

Bert

Yes, those are correct.

Is your scantool/tunetool at Build 83 (go Help->About)...?

Yup. Version 7.5.5 Build 83.

bert

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    In any event, EE reports a boot block version of 2.05.02 with a date of April 25, 2008 and a firmware version of 2.06.06 with a date of Dec 14, 2008. Does that sound about right?
    Are you sure the boot block is 2.05.02? Or was that just a typo?

You should have:
    Boot block = 2.06.02
    Firmware = 2.06.06

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

You must have V8 installed (and updated) to get the latest version of EFILive_Explorer and the latest version of the boot block and firmware.
    V8 and V7 are designed to co-exist on the same computer.

Right now, V8 only handles the boot block, firmware and black box logging for FlashScan V2. Eventually (when the full v8 software is released) it will handle scanning and tuning as well and will completely replace V7.

Once V8 is installed and updated, make sure you run the EFILive_Explorer program. That will cause the EFILive control panel (EFILive_Hapi) to start in the system tray at the end of the Windows task bar.

Right click on the EFILive_Hapi FlashScan icon in the system tray and select Show.
    Then select the Firmware page and click on the [Refresh] button.
    That should allow you to update the boot block and or firmware easily.

Regards
    Paul

You are correct - it was a typo. The boot block version was 2.05.08 not 2.05.02. After following the above process, I now have a boot block version of 2.06.02 and a firmware version of 2.06.06. Do those numbers look correct?

Bert

You are correct - it was a typo. The boot block version was 2.05.08 not 2.05.02. After following the above process, I now have a boot block version of 2.06.02 and a firmware version of 2.06.06. Do those numbers look correct?

Bert
    Yes that is correct.
    Regards
    Paul

Now things are getting rather strange. I just fired up EE and pressed the refresh button on the firmware page. It lists a boot block version of 76.64.00 and a firmware version of 18.00.00. Both dates are "N/A". The Company, Model, Lecense and Serial are all now set to the same large (12 digit) number.

I shut EE down and restarted it - now it has the correct information. Where did the other stuff come from?

Bert

I shut EE down and restarted it - now it has the correct information. Where did the other stuff come from?
    Bert
    I don't know what would cause that display corruption. If you can reproduce it consistently with a set of known steps, please let me know.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12