Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help with LS2 conversion

Lifetime Member

No problem man, it sounded like the ECM thought it was in P/N vs in gear but when the selector switch doesnt work, causes lots of headaches!!

Im not sure what you mean by if the selector switch is in the park position will it mess with the tables? When the TCM tells the ECM it is in P/N it will use the P/N tables, in gear it will use the in gear tables. Is that what you mean?

Or are you saying that you are tricking the selector switch by putting it in park all the time to make it work? I guess this wouldnt be a problem but Im not exactly sure.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

In order for the t/b to work correct the prndl switch has to be in park position I did not know if that effected any of the timing tables or any other tables for that matter.

Lifetime Member

I see Jason, yea thats definitely not right. Honestly Im not too familiar with the E40 but I know the LS1 has some different tables for P/N vs in gear so thats what Ive been referencing. So basically you're tricking the ECM into thinking that its always in P then? Wonder if anyone else has an idea why this is happening, do you happen to know if it did it before the speartech wiring?
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

I got the car with no motor and the engine and trans was out of a wrecked GTO so I never saws the GTO. The customer picked the car up yesturday and was very happy with the performance of the car. I know he will be bringing it back to get some new mods in the near future, so we will see how it goes.t
    Are you ready for my next pcm issue? It's with an 04 SSR with a 408 and 400 turbo.

Lifetime Member

Well glad the customer's happy, thats what we're all about here right?

And bring it on, lets get that PCM read! So going from a stock LS1 PCM to a 408 plus ditching the 4L60E or T56 for a 400 turbo, interesting. Probably have to trick the PCM to think its a manual and run the 400 turbo vacuum modulated/standalone without PCM control...thats what Im thinking right now.
    ~Erik~

Part two!! I have an 04 SSR that started with a 5.3 and 4l60e. WE had a 382 the truck ran low 12s at 110 mph but never had a nice idle and would foul plugs if we didnt clear it out before turning it off. The wide band would read 13-14 to 1 a/f ratio. So we put a 455LSX in the customers 02 transam and freshened up the 408 and installedit in the SSR. No matter what we did withthe tune(rich or lean) the truck would miss or act up at lowwer rpm's. I ended up checking the injectors by shutting them off with the bidirectional controls and when I shut injector1 off inj 3 turned off instead and 5=2,7=1,3=5=4-6,6=7,and7=8. so im sure the plugs are fouled because some of the injectors were firing before the intake valve opened and others after the valve is opened.
    The wiring harness is completely stock so the injectors cant be plugged in wrong because #1 inj. is next to alt. plug and #2 is next to t/b wiring.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks Jason

I have the same throttle limiting problem with a 06 GTO engine that I installed in a 55 Chevy during a brake torque or from a dead stop if you floor it it wont spin the tires and throttle angle is limited to 30% I was wondering if you ever found the problem in the tune or wiring. Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks
    Jim

Jim, checkout the BTM section in the GTO tune, this is what is probably killing your fun.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok thanks I'll check into it.

Thanks
    Jim

Does your scan tool show drive when the shifter is in the drive position? Thats where I left off on my project. I just took the switch off or the side if the trans and put it in the correct position,but never looked further in to the speartec harnesss to see why it wasnt sending the rite signal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast