Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems reflashing due to something bad

Default Problems reflashing due to something bad

This morning, I reflash my tune while I disconnected the transfer case control module since we remove the 4x4, and everything was perfect except the fact that only one of the efans was spinning. No problem there, just readjust the the volts back to the orginial setup to efans.

Problem is my laptop shut off while reflashing. (I forgot my adapor, didnt expect my laptop to kill the battery pack under 20 minutes)

So, I came back to reflash, problem is the pcm did not reflash the whole thing, several of the data was ignored one in which the tccm was involved. Reconnected the tccm, same problem except no pcm problem codes. Also, the efans did NOT spin, which is a sign of the tune not completely reflashed.

I notice that when all the odometer lights lid up, the tune was perfect. But when only the security lock was the only light that lighted up several of the pcm data was block therefore did not reflash the whole data. I've reflashed 4 times and still have the same problems. Whats wrong here?

I notified Tech Support.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The re-flash process will either complete successfully, or the controller will not operate. There is no way the controller will operate if any part of the calibration is missing or damaged. You would not even be able to connect to it with the scan tool if the re-flash did not complete.

There may be some other reason that you are seeing the symptoms that you describe.

Can you please provide soe more information, such as:
    type of vehicle,
    type of controllers (i.e. E38, T43, LMM, Allison?),
    what the problem is exactly.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

2002 chevy trailblaze I6, when reflashing it says it load successfully, but when I turn the engine on the fans the turn on. I used the scan feature and says PCM problem, several of the data was not loaded because the tccm was in on. I reflash with and without the tccm and nothing happened.

I notice that when all the odometer lights lid up, the tune was perfect. But when only the security lock was the only light that lighted up several of the pcm data was block therefore did not reflash the whole data. I've reflashed 4 times and still have the same problems.

I'm still not clear on what the problem is.

Does the engine start? If so, does the engine continue to run or does it stop after a few seconds?

What do you mean by "I notice that when all the odometer lights lid up, the tune was perfect". i.e. What do mean by "perfect"?

What do you mean by "several of the pcm data was block therefore did not reflash the whole data"?

You say: "I've reflashed 4 times and still have the same problems", what exactly are the problems?

Can you provide the exact error message that was displayed by the scan tool when you got this: "I used the scan feature and says PCM problem"

Regards
    Paul

[quote=Blacky;89910]Does the engine start? If so, does the engine continue to run or does it stop after a few seconds?[/quote]

Yes the engine runs and starts fine.

[quote=Blacky;89910]What do you mean by "I notice that when all the odometer lights lid up, the tune was perfect". i.e. What do mean by "perfect"?[/quote]

Everything on the tune was loaded into the pcm

[quote=Blacky;89910]What do you mean by "several of the pcm data was block therefore did not reflash the whole data"?[/quote]

Several data of the tune was not loaded to the pcm, which is why the efans did not turn on as it did this morning. Some where blocked or ignored

[quote=Blacky;89910]You say: "I've reflashed 4 times and still have the same problems", what exactly are the problems?[/quote]

All data fromt the tune not fully loaded to the pcm, efans not spinning

[quote=Blacky;89910]Can you provide the exact error message that was displayed by the scan tool when you got this: "I used the scan feature and says PCM problem"[/quote]

Ill get back with that tomorrow.

Are you using the latest version of the software? V7.5.5 build 83?
    Available here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

After downloading and installing the V7.5.5 build 72, select the Start->All Programs->EFILive-V7.5->Tools->Check for New Updates to update to tBuild 83.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Are you using the latest version of the software? V7.5.5 build 83?
    Available here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

After downloading and installing the V7.5.5 build 72, select the Start->All Programs->EFILive-V7.5->Tools->Check for New Updates to update to tBuild 83.

Regards
    Paul
    yes, like i said the flash worked this morning. only after my laptop cut off the problems occur.

Can you read the current flash contents into a file and post it here.

Also post the very last file you flashed.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Can you read the current flash contents into a file and post it here.

Also post the very last file you flashed.
    Well the reason for the partial pcm problem where only one light on the odometer lighted up (security lock) was that the key ignition was not turn to the "On" postition (stupid me). When I place the key ignition to on all the lights on the odometer turned on, but still the fans still didn't work meaning not all data went through.

*I reflashed 3 times today with and without the Transfer case control module on and still is the same result. It worked yesterday morning but after that it does not update the pcm.

Here is the trouble codes

Diagnostic Trouble Codes

U1026 "Lost Class 2 Communications With Automatic Transfer Case Controller - Device $1A" PHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

U1026 "Lost Class 2 Communications With Automatic Transfer Case Controller - Device $1A" HC ($60) "Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)"

History data

Diagnostic touble codes (shift+f8)
    Some codes may not have been retrieved from the vehicle.
    Reason: one or more modules did not reply
    Modeules that did not reply:
    “Transfer case shift control module (TCSCM)
    Last edited by goldbergv95; September 14th, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast