Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems reflashing due to something bad

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldbergv95 View Post
    but still the fans still didn't work meaning not all data went through.

*I reflashed 3 times today with and without the Transfer case control module on and still is the same result. It worked yesterday morning but after that it does not update the pcm.
    It is not possible for only some of the data in the tun file to be programmed into the PCM. Either it all goes in correctly or the PCM will not operate. The engine would certainly never start if even just one byte was missing or damaged.

So you really need to look at what the data is that you're programming into the PCM. What has changed in the tune since the fans were working correctly?
    Do you still have the *.tun file that was in the PCM when the fans were working correctly? If so try that.

Just to prove to yourself that all the data is programmed correctly then, as Joe suggested, read out what is in the PCM and compare it to the file that you most recently flashed into it you will see that they are identical.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

The only thing I change was the G1021 Here is the history on what worked:

Mar 18, 2009 16:54:25

System.Fans
    {G1021} Minimum Voltage For Fan Diagnostics, changed from "8.00" to "25.00". (worked)
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Mar 18, 2009 23:14:42

Engine Operation.Limiters
    {B1202} Spark Speed Limiter Drive, changed from "215" to "222". (worked)
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Mar 20, 2009 11:02:01

System.Fans
    {G1021} Minimum Voltage For Fan Diagnostics, changed from "25.00" to "8.00".(worked)
    Mar 20, 2009 13:08:38

System.Fans
    {G1021} Minimum Voltage For Fan Diagnostics, changed from "8.00" to "25.00". (stopped working)

Diagnostic touble codes (shift+f8)
    Some codes may not have been retrieved from the vehicle.

Reason: one or more modules did not reply
    Modeules that did not reply:
    “Transfer case shift control module (TCSCM)

Lifetime Member

OK looking at that tune is there any reason both VATS parameters are turned off? Probably not a good thing to do, and the efan parameter is disabled too. Look at these changes Ive made. Dont know if you need to zero all the fan tables too, that was the only way I could get mine to run without any codes though. And why is the VATS relearn stuff changed, pretty sure that'll just cause you more headaches.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    OK looking at that tune is there any reason both VATS parameters are turned off? Probably not a good thing to do, and the efan parameter is disabled too. Look at these changes Ive made. Dont know if you need to zero all the fan tables too, that was the only way I could get mine to run without any codes though. And why is the VATS relearn stuff changed, pretty sure that'll just cause you more headaches.
    I didnt change any of the those vats because I dont know exact with it will cause the pcm to do plus this is the newest feature and i never seen it until i recieved this tune. All the info was all included in the tune, but i did not mention efans because one member from trailvoy, Ray, says he didnt change his pcm modifications (because pcmforless says we dont need to change the pcm), has the latest modifications on his pcm and his efans work without any problems.

Its weriod cause it worked with those features off, actually i didnt even touch those features. This tune contains the latest modifications on the pcm. But ill give it a try on monday. Thanks everybody and you too Erik!

ps. enjoy that new SS Erik!

Lifetime Member

I cant wait to enjoy my SS, only driven it for a day though...its sitting in my parents garage back in Seattle til summer comes and I move back there.

Hopefully that'll help your efans problem, Im not sure if you need to change any of the fan tables or not. Might have to play around with that.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Erik, should be a really lot of fun......what does the "3SS" mean...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Its some sort of special package. Im guessing it includes everything.
    2002 4.2L I6 Trailblazer LTZ

Default problem again

Just today I reflashed the tune Erik made. But the problem is that the fans dont spin. Right after the tune is finished i looked at the tune and many of the configurations were changed: the efans disabled, 4.10 gear changed to 3.73, and etc. I rechanged it and it still does the same thing.

Here is the file on what it looks like after the tune
    Untitled_0000.tun

BTW, I notice something odd about the Efilive tune module, only the two lights at the far right are lighting up and the other three from the left are not lighting up. Is something wrong with the module?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    3SS is like an LS, LT, LTZ designation. The TBSS has 1SS or 3SS trim levels, 1SS is cloth seats, basic setup. 3SS is leather, heated seats, basically everything. This SS actually has more options than I wanted...what use do I have for rear seat entertainment? Im always driving!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldbergv95 View Post
    Just today I reflashed the tune Erik made. But the problem is that the fans dont spin. Right after the tune is finished i looked at the tune and many of the configurations were changed: the efans disabled, 4.10 gear changed to 3.73, and etc. I rechanged it and it still does the same thing.

Here is the file on what it looks like after the tune
    Untitled_0000.tun

BTW, I notice something odd about the Efilive tune module, only the two lights at the far right are lighting up and the other three from the left are not lighting up. Is something wrong with the module?
    Hmm, I did change the VATS and efans options but thats it IIRC. Didnt touch the gears or anything speedo related.

Change the efans option back to disabled as the PCM4Less kit doesnt need this option enabled. Make sure the fans parameters are all stock too.
    ~Erik~

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    3SS is like an LS, LT, LTZ designation. The TBSS has 1SS or 3SS trim levels, 1SS is cloth seats, basic setup. 3SS is leather, heated seats, basically everything. This SS actually has more options than I wanted...what use do I have for rear seat entertainment? Im always driving!!

Hmm, I did change the VATS and efans options but thats it IIRC. Didnt touch the gears or anything speedo related.

Change the efans option back to disabled as the PCM4Less kit doesnt need this option enabled. Make sure the fans parameters are all stock too.
    yeah i know you did not change the gear ratio. The efilive program did it itself. That is what I found odd. The fans still dont work.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast