Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Problems reflashing due to something bad

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    This is getting ridiculous.

Sorry if Im coming off pi$$ed off, Im not just frustrated because I know the tunes Ive sent ya will work, they do in my 02. And this weeks been hectic as anything...the joys of college right?
    My thoughts Exactly! Thats alright, im more piss off on why the efilive keeps changing the pcm configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Are you saying that these 2 are the before/after of a flash...?
    Yes, and I have done them many times. When Erik and I were discussin about the difference in the OS, I used the old OS and the fans started to work but the efilive still changes the tune configuration.

I just recently got 4.10 installed from 3.73 and the efilive keeps changing from 4.10 to 3.73 after everytime I flash. I heard this werid rear noise that has something to do w/ the gear ratio. It slow from stop or on the city but when shift on higher gear (ex. in the highways) its fast.

BTW, It feels like the gear shifts to higher gear too early, which makes a bad start from stop.
    2002 4.2L I6 Trailblazer LTZ

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
    This is getting ridiculous.

Sorry if Im coming off pi$$ed off, Im not just frustrated because I know the tunes Ive sent ya will work, they do in my 02. And this weeks been hectic as anything...the joys of college right?

My thoughts Exactly! Thats alright, im more piss off on why the efilive keeps changing the pcm configurations.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joecar
    Are you saying that these 2 are the before/after of a flash...?

Yes, and I have done them many times. When Erik and I were discussin about the difference in the OS, I used the old OS and the fans started to work but the efilive still changes the tune configuration.

I just recently got 4.10 installed from 3.73 and the efilive keeps changing from 4.10 to 3.73 after everytime I flash. I heard this werid rear noise that has something to do w/ the gear ratio. It slow from stop or on the city but when shift on higher gear (ex. in the highways) its fast.

BTW, It feels like the gear shifts to higher gear too early, which makes a bad start from stop.

Default Sanity check...

When you change OS, do you do a full-flash...?

I had two different tunes from two different companies, both have different OS on my tunes. From pcmforless the os reads 12575262 and for wait4me it has 12587430. From wait4me I ask for pcm modifications so i dont know if changing the os has anything to do with it.

what is a full-flash? I do the same flash that I have been doing since I got the efilive.

Here's what I did, upload the tune, click on the green arrow pcm picture, Un-check the fast speed box, check status, start (while keys are on on), turn the keys towards off when told to, tune done, check the tune after the flash and the flash made changes that I did not authorize.

There are 2 flash functions:
    - cal-only-flash (narrow red down arrow button): used for flashing in calibrations only.
    - full-flash (wide red down arrow button): used for flashing OS and calibrations (i.e. the full file).

A "calibration" is defined as the collection of tables and parameters containing the operating values for a subsystem (e.g. engine cal, engine diag cal, trans cal, trans diag cal, speedo cal).

An OS (operating system) is defined as containing the operating "algorithm" which reads the calibrations and uses their values in its algorithms to operate all the subsystems.

You use cal-only-flash after you have edited some tables/parameters to flash in the calibrations.

You use full-flash to change the OS (this flashes in the full file including the OS and the calibrations included in that file).

Lifetime Member

joecar, P10s cant full flash, everything is done cal only flashes. So to get around it, have to copy all tables from a different tune file over to a stock file.

goldbergv95, I have been trying to get you to do this because this is your problem right here, you cannot flash a file with a different calibration and you MUST copy ALL the tables over to a stock file.

Post up the last file that works and the one you want to work, Ill take a look and see what your problem is. As far as i can tell this is NOT an EFILive issue as the OS doesnt just magically change and every P10 Ive flashed Ive made work with no problems (except for the 3 tables in OS 12587430).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

joecar, P10s cant full flash, everything is done cal only flashes. So to get around it, have to copy all tables from a different tune file over to a stock file.

goldbergv95, I have been trying to get you to do this because this is your problem right here, you cannot flash a file with a different calibration and you MUST copy ALL the tables over to a stock file.
    Yeah I know, I just changed back to the old os and its still the same, only the fans work but the calibrations still changed.

Here is the file I used today that changed automaticly usintg the old OS
    After The Tune 2nd Time.tun

Here were the two tunes that did work but no longer work, have gear shift problems from stop to go and still have torque converter locking and unlock too early. To tell you the truth these two tune from both different companies shift real bad. I think it might have something to do with the 93 tune shift.
    Wait4metuneOldOS.tun
    Modified Today.tun

joecar, P10s cant full flash, everything is done cal only flashes. So to get around it, have to copy all tables from a different tune file over to a stock file...
    Oh/Ah... I see...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22

Yeah I know, I just changed back to the old os and its still the same, only the fans work but the calibrations still changed.

Here is the file I used today that changed automaticly usintg the old OS

Here were the two tunes that did work but no longer work, have gear shift problems from stop to go and still have torque converter locking and unlock too early. To tell you the truth these two tune from both different companies shift real bad. I think it might have something to do with the 93 tune shift.
    Last edited by goldbergv95; September 14th, 2009 at 12:22 PM.

?????

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast