Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Timing the LMM

Lifetime Member

Even if it is using table B there are multipliers missing in the tuning software, bad news is your timing will never match what is in those tables. The only way I can even get it somewhat close to what I want is log then add to the areas in the B table, what is in the table will never match your logs so you have to keep fudging things until your happy with it. We are going on 2.5 years for the LMM and things are still very frustrating for tuning and logging but hell it could be worse we could have dodges using someones dinosaur box or bog-ass tuner.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Thank you to EFILive for a great effort.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Ok, so what you are saying is that instead of looking at something like this -
    "Post Injection #1" Off
    "Post Injection #2" Off
    "Main Injection" On
    "Pilot Injection #1" On
    "Pilot Injection #2" Off
    "Pilot Injection #3" Off

And then trying to relate that back to Table A,B,C,D,E, it would simply show "Table B" instead?
    I can see where you are coming from if that is the situation, still, it was better than flying blind before that PID . It does seem overly complex to have 5 base timing tables. One thing you could do is apply a filter to your logs that only showed data for the Timing map you want to work on.

I'll have to check with Paul on displaying the PID differently as I don't know how to set up PID's like that.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

B0202 Will help you understand what the ECM considers HIGH, MED, LOW altitude. As with all tables and maps; the ECM extrapolates between the numbers in each cell to get a certain value for any given point in time. So if you look at the table then you will see that the ECM considers you to be in low altitude untill the BARO reads below 13.9 psi and then it does a little math; @13.5 psi it says you get a weighted average between the MED and LOW altitude of 80% LOW and 20% MED.

And im sure you are aware that this table is for the MAF flow rate calculation. But I'm sure that the ECM applies this logic all tables that have tables that are different dependent on altitude.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ok, so what you are saying is that instead of looking at something like this -
    "Post Injection #1" Off
    "Post Injection #2" Off
    "Main Injection" On
    "Pilot Injection #1" On
    "Pilot Injection #2" Off
    "Pilot Injection #3" Off

And then trying to relate that back to Table A,B,C,D,E, it would simply show "Table B" instead?
    I can see where you are coming from if that is the situation, still, it was better than flying blind before that PID . It does seem overly complex to have 5 base timing tables. One thing you could do is apply a filter to your logs that only showed data for the Timing map you want to work on.

I'll have to check with Paul on displaying the PID differently as I don't know how to set up PID's like that.

Cheers,
    Ross

That would be so awesome to display like that. Although it is nice to have it the way it is now too. Any way to have both?

I too was disappointed to see that that PID displayed like that instead of just which table it's using.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

would simply show "Table B" instead?
    Yeah, it would be very cool. And it would reduce my motion sickness!
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

You guys want to try working on the Bosch ECM's at code level for a day , that will give you motion sickness sitting still.
    If I can drag Blacky away from the AutoCal stuff for a moment I'll ask him how I can configure it for both methods, I'm sure it's possible.

bballer182, spot on with the Baro tables, nice description.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Ross, I would love to help you guys out but wrench tosser's are bad with confuser's I do wish I had enough smarts to write programs and read bosch ecm code then I would not be nagging at you guys all the time about tuning problems.
    Keep up the good work.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Sorry to say this but I don't think there is anything we can do at the moment to show this PID as you want.
    Without going in to too much detail, that PID is a series of bits that are set / cleared based on the status of each injection event and this is what we currently show, each individual bit.
    To display it as Table A, Table B etc it would need to be configured as an actual value, so if the PID value = 16 then we could show it as Map B, and so on. However, we are only interested in what is happening with the Pilot injections as these are what determines what table the ECM will use. Problem is, within that PID is the status bits for the Post & Main injection too, so all of a sudden you can't say that with a PID value of 16 that Table B is going to be used because if one of the post injections is also on then the value might be something different. As you could imagine all of a sudden there is a lot of combinations to handle.
    When the ECM is deciding which table to use it does a few commands to filter out the post and main injection status so it is left with just the pilot status bits, unfortunately we cannot do that in EFILive, however, for Version 8 scantool this is certainly something we can look at, to apply logical equations to PID's before they are processed to the screen.

Cheers,
    Ross

...however, for Version 8 scantool this is certainly something we can look at, to apply logical equations to PID's before they are processed to the screen.

Cheers,
    Ross

as always, thank you.

Those Germans are crafty.
    Custom Tuning Services

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast