Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supercharger with N2O tuning help

NM I figured it out..My dashboard was in degrees C while my F9 data was in degrees F fixed it all to show F

Quote Originally Posted by brobradh77 View Post
    ok i will enact that for next time. So it tells you you how it calculates final spark? Will it doit in lamens terms?
    No. Spark has many modifiers that result in the final calculation. It will just tell you the percentage weighting between the high & low spark table. 1.0 means only the high octane table is being used. 0.5 means half the difference between the two tables is being subtracted. 0.0 means the low table is being used.
    Spark, especially in your combo should not be messed around with until you fully understand the system. Even then changes should be kept small & logged through various conditions while checking for knock etc.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Make sure that scantool pid units are the same as the tunetool table axis pid units (e.g. both kPa).
    Good catch Joe
    The Tremor at AIR

Thanks Mick... that one is permanently burned on my forehead...

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    No. Spark has many modifiers that result in the final calculation. It will just tell you the percentage weighting between the high & low spark table. 1.0 means only the high octane table is being used. 0.5 means half the difference between the two tables is being subtracted. 0.0 means the low table is being used.
    Spark, especially in your combo should not be messed around with until you fully understand the system. Even then changes should be kept small & logged through various conditions while checking for knock etc.

Thanks for the quick tutorial..I'll have to go out and re log it with the new PID's and see what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Good catch Joe
    LOL.Thanks..I'm trying to catch all the bugs.

Are you running pump gas?!?!? I don't know what kind of setup you have or how much boost, but as a reference - I run 7psi peak and don't usually push timing above 15~16*. If you're running a 50-shot on top of that, you're probably pushing too much timing. Isn't the rule of thumb -1* for every 25 hp of N20 added? That might explain the KR if you're commanding 17* on a boosted setup with a 50-shot.

Then again, I might be a little off here. Anyone else???

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    Are you running pump gas?!?!? I don't know what kind of setup you have or how much boost, but as a reference - I run 7psi peak and don't usually push timing above 15~16*. If you're running a 50-shot on top of that, you're probably pushing too much timing. Isn't the rule of thumb -1* for every 25 hp of N20 added? That might explain the KR if you're commanding 17* on a boosted setup with a 50-shot.

Then again, I might be a little off here. Anyone else???
    I run 93 Octane Pump gas.. I Usually see about 7.5#'s of boost w/2.8 pulley....218/224 .563/.568 114 LSA cam, meth kit with WW fluid, Long Tube headers, and right now a 50 shot but plan on upping it to a 75 shot in the next weeks.

I was thinking about making the meth to water conc. 50/50 instead of the 60/40 in washer fluid by addding that heet to it. but was under the impression i would have to change the tuning if I did that also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123