Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger with N2O tuning help

Quote Originally Posted by brobradh77 View Post
    Thanks so my next questionis obviously how do you plot your log against those tables to see what cells are being used? Will the cells highlight?
    Yes. The easiest way is to highlight a section in the scan tool chart page by left clicking & dragging over the section you want. Then when you look in the tune file at the tables the cells hit in that section will be highlighted. See pic attached.
    For this function to work the pids you log must match the linked pids in the table axis.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Tremor at AIR

Thanks alot..I appreciate the help..I am trying to learn this...I am surpirsed that I only see a couple of cells highlight..I figured there would be a bunch...So I guess to fine tune it I only need to mess with the highlighted cells? If so do I need to adjust all three timing charts High/low octane and IATs or can I just change one?

i think i have it figured out..when i highlight a section of my log I can open my tuing file and it highlights the 3 or so cells being used at that time correct?
    Yes, thats it. Sorry about the delayed reply. Phone was ringing off the hook while I was trying to type it.
    The Tremor at AIR

thats ok..I am glad your helping me.....I have alot of money in my truck and i want to learn to tweak it with out bugging my tuner everytime i want to try something...I am hoping i can learn the basics like playing with timing to get the most out of my truck.

Make sure that scantool pid units are the same as the tunetool table axis pid units (e.g. both kPa).

i think i have it figured out..when i highlight a section of my log I can open my tuing file and it highlights the 3 or so cells being used at that time correct?
    Post sreenshots of scantool chart and tunetool able.

No Nitrous WOT

Thanks alot..I appreciate the help..I am trying to learn this...I am surpirsed that I only see a couple of cells highlight..I figured there would be a bunch...So I guess to fine tune it I only need to mess with the highlighted cells? If so do I need to adjust all three timing charts High/low octane and IATs or can I just change one?
    You quite often need to smooth in the surrounding cells. Also when trying to maximise the spark it pays to log the ASPARK pid. This will tell you what weighted amount of the high/low table is being used in the spark calculation. This is necessary to try & ensure you are not raising the high octane map while the final spark is being calculated from the low table.(due to previous knock etc)
    The Tremor at AIR

N20 run

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    You quite often need to smooth in the surrounding cells. Also when trying to maximise the spark it pays to log the ASPARK pid. This will tell you what weighted amount of the high/low table is being used in the spark calculation. This is necessary to try & ensure you are not raising the high octane map while the final spark is being calculated from the low table.(due to previous knock etc)

ok i will enact that for next time. So it tells you you how it calculates final spark? Will it doit in lamens terms?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast