Thread: Odd Experience - Brief Scare

Default Odd Experience - Brief Scare

I've used EFI Live off and on for the past two years with two duramax engines in engine test cells and recently tried it for the first on a 2003 stock Z06. Is it normal for the car to flash the yellow hazzard lights and give messages on the dash of reduced power mode, lost traction control etc. while the ECU is being reflashed?

The reflash seems successful and I was able to disable the CARS/CAGS skip shift feature but I was a little nervous about what was happening while reflashing the ECU.

Since my previous experience has only been with engines in a test cell this was fairly new to me doing one in an actual vehicle.

TTE,

Yes, that is normal, the other nodes on the bus detect that during PCM flashing the bus is busy/unavailable and/or they get no response from the PCM.

Thanks for the response, that is what I thought was happening but wanted to double check since I just got my Z06 last week and didn't want to have already messed something up.

Lifetime Member

It is perfectly normal, dont worry I freaked out the first few times I flashed my truck too. Customers have this class "WTF is going on?" look the first time their truck gets flashed, I just explain its normal and all is well.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.