Thread: Got the DSP 5 Problem Solved!!!

Default Got the DSP 5 Problem Solved!!!

Hey guys,

I got that DSP 5 program working on my buddie's truck finally!!! Talk about excited, it's a good thing there wasn't a case of beer in the bed of his truck when we were testing 5 levels of power! Thanks for everyone's help I really appreciate the guys on this site all so willing to help . And thanks to Chevydieselsmoker, and some of the guys at diesel place . Chevydieselsmoker kinda tipped me in the direction of the MAF and i got to digging a little deeper and found the error was actually on the engine diagnostics side of things. Table C0904 to be exact, this table was not allowing enough difference between expected MAF and measured MAF to occur and it was limiting all the DSP tunes. I'm only 22 years old and I never liked school but I love learning how to EFI Live stuff!

LBZ, good job...

Lifetime Member

Awesome man, and Im 19 myself so I know exactly what you mean. School's always been ok for me, but the past few years Ive kept at it because it meant I could keep my TrailBlazer (except for last year, dont ask) and keep tuning it!

Now to buy a new E67/T42 so I can have a spare set for warranty work and still start tuning my TB SS. Fun summer ahead with LOTS of questions for everyone on here!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

not a problem helping out another diesel junkie, oh i forgot to tell you that tune you got from me dont run #5 unless hes got a built tranny, and i lift pump
    03 Silverado CCSB LT Summit White
    417rwhp / 898trq <-old numbers need time to get on the rollers again
    4" Straight Thru Exhaust, Suncoast IV W/ 1058, Amsoil everything, EFILive DSP5 tuned by me with some help from Nick, PPE lift pump, and a BD spinny thing