Thread: How does one completely delete the knock sensors?

Question How does one completely delete the knock sensors?

Got both codes and I don't wanna waste time chasing down the problem whether it be a pinched wire, bad harness, or bad sensor(s). (nor do I have the time or resources to do so :( )

How do I delete them in the tune so it doesn't throw the code and pull timing? Maybe SpeedDemon could chime in?

Thanks!

Christopher's -10cc Alum 6.6L '01 T/A FIREHAWK Recaro Topline Leather/Suede Seats

Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, L76, F.A.S.T. 90TB, 104Lid, CLSD, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped 2", 3" True Dual X-pipe over-the-axle, 3.90 gears, Tubular K, Upper/Lower tubular A-arms, full UMI suspension, etc.

Brenda and Her Custom Red/Black '01 WS6 Performabuilt stalled A4, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 7/8", 3:42, lid/K&N, Loudmouth, Full Custom Interior, Playboy Package.

Quote Originally Posted by the Dragon View Post
    Got both codes and I don't wanna waste time chasing down the problem whether it be a pinched wire, bad harness, or bad sensor(s). (nor do I have the time or resources to do so :( )

How do I delete them in the tune so it doesn't throw the code and pull timing? Maybe SpeedDemon could chime in?

Thanks!

How funny. I just did this the other weekend when I got the car out. I think it worked. But, I was bad because I didn't log to verify like I should have.

Anyway, I zero'd out the knock sensor sensitivity table (B6228) and disabled the (3) knock sensor related fields in the DTC Processing Enablers (C6001). Hopefully, that took care of it. I know it made the Check Engine Light go away. If it's still pulling timing, I'd zero out B6204 and B6205 next.

Now....can you please explain the links in your sig?
    Last edited by SSpdDmon; March 25th, 2009 at 03:12 PM.

Lightbulb

Thank you for the info and help!!!

LOL about the link question

The Girl is my Wife

She's an international print model whom was recently signed with Playboy

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    How funny. I just did this the other weekend when I got the car out. I think it worked. But, I was bad because I didn't log to verify like I should have.

Anyway, I zero'd out the knock sensor sensitivity table (B6228) and disabled the (3) knock sensor related fields in the DTC Processing Enablers (C6001). Hopefully, that took care of it. I know it made the Check Engine Light go away. If it's still pulling timing, I'd zero out B6204 and B6205 next.

Christopher's -10cc Alum 6.6L '01 T/A FIREHAWK Recaro Topline Leather/Suede Seats

Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, L76, F.A.S.T. 90TB, 104Lid, CLSD, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped 2", 3" True Dual X-pipe over-the-axle, 3.90 gears, Tubular K, Upper/Lower tubular A-arms, full UMI suspension, etc.

Brenda and Her Custom Red/Black '01 WS6 Performabuilt stalled A4, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 7/8", 3:42, lid/K&N, Loudmouth, Full Custom Interior, Playboy Package.

I'm wondering why you would do this.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Post links to a pic of his wife or delete the knock sensors?
    If she was my wife I would let everyone know too.
    The Tremor at AIR

Question

What about setting B6214, B6215, and B6257 to 8000?

Or to an rpm higher than one's rev limiter?

I'm just curious about all the possible ways to do the same thing

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    If you're throwing one or both of the following codes 332 or 327 it can be time consuming to say the least in order to track down the problem AND fix it.

If you search here and/or on tech you can read about people who have replaced wires, sensors, and harness' only to have the same issue exist 2 months later. Therefor, a great deal of time and money was exhausted with no return.

If one's car is tuned properly and there is no lean condition the knock sensors aren't really needed. They aren't even used by all car manufacturers today.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Post links to a pic of his wife or delete the knock sensors?
    If she was my wife I would let everyone know too.
    Delete the knock sensors.
    When I posted there was only 2 posts, weird.
    Last edited by mr.prick; March 26th, 2009 at 09:18 AM.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by the Dragon View Post
    What about setting B6214, B6215, and B6257 to 8000?

Or to an rpm higher than one's rev limiter?

I'm just curious about all the possible ways to do the same thing
    As long as there's no loss in timing from KR after what I instructed above, I'd say leave well enough alone. I'm sure there are other ways. Once you find one that works though, I'd go with it.

As for why I did it, I just haven't gotten around to replacing my sensors, harness, etc. I figure I'll do it once. If it doesn't like me after that, I'll consider deleting them again permanently. I tend to run a fairly mild tune. So, not having knock sensors is something that doesn't seem too frightening to me I guess.

Smile

Sent you a pm

As long as there's no loss in timing from KR after what I instructed above, I'd say leave well enough alone. I'm sure there are other ways. Once you find one that works though, I'd go with it.

As for why I did it, I just haven't gotten around to replacing my sensors, harness, etc. I figure I'll do it once. If it doesn't like me after that, I'll consider deleting them again permanently. I tend to run a fairly mild tune. So, not having knock sensors is something that doesn't seem too frightening to me I guess.