Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what table controls how fast it drops to idle when slowing down?

Default what table controls how fast it drops to idle when slowing down?

I think I need a little bit of tweaking. When I push the clutch to slow down for a stop it will hang at 13-1400 while slowing down. It will finally drop to idle after making pretty much a complete stop. I'm just not sure what table to be messing with. Anybody know off hand? thanks Here is what my tune look like
    Attached Files Attached Files

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Table B4309, Throttle Cracker Airflow in Gear.

Your year has up to 3 g/s of air around those rpm's. Take air out (less air). Sometimes I will use a 2002 Z06 M6 Throttle Cracker Table for Starters. As an experiment you can also make that entire TC table Zero's. Your idle will never hang. Just depends on your preference. Rpm's will drop rapidly. You may not like that much engine braking.

You can also adjust the Throttle Follower Tables. If you lower the TF Decay Delay, B4318 from the stock 3 seconds to 1 second to get rid of the annoying length of time for the idle to settle.

Most likely adjusting Table B4309 will solve your problem.
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 9th, 2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Grammer
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    Best bet is Table B4309, Throttle Cracker Airflow in Gear. Your year has up to 3 g/s of air around those rpm's.

Take air out (less air). Sometimes I will use a 2002 Z06 M6 Throttle Cracker Table for Starters.

Occasionally you have to mess with the Throttle Follower Tables. I'll drastically lower the TF Decay Delay, B4318 from the stock 3 seconds to 1 second to get rid of the annoying length of time for the idle to settle.

Again most likely Table B4309 will solve your problem. As an experiment you can also make that entire TC table Zero's. Your idle will never hang. Just depends on your preference. Rpm's will drop rapidly. You may not like that much engine braking.

Give it a shot. Good luck.

..WeathermanShawn..
    ok I dropped the B4309 in the problem range from 3.00 to 1.5 so I'll have to try it. It snowed 4 inches today so it will be a few days before I can get it out and try it.

If you want the idle to drop to the normal commanded speed pretty much as soon as you press in the clutch, use B4310. Set all the cells to "0" for the road speeds where you want the idle to drop, then blend up above those speeds. For example, drop all cells below say 15MPH to "0" and then blend up above that. This will result in no additional air being added when the clutch is pressed in and the car is at any speed below 15MPH. You could set all cells to "0" but this may effect the feel of gear changes.

B4309 will have no effect on the airflow once the clutch is pressed, as this put the PCM into "P/N" mode.

Simon.

You may find some air in the TC and TF tables necessary to support the transition to idle depending on your mods. The other options are to adjust the respective decay rates to bring the engine back to idle sooner.

Personally, a slightly higher RPM while coming to a stop might not be a bad thing. If the accessory demand on the motor increases suddenly, you don't want it to stall out. IE sudden lane change = extra power steering pump demnad....electrical load increases....etc.

I had the same issue with my vehicle I had to change my timing to fix the issues. I had too much of a change in timing for the drive to idle transition. something you might try doing is smoothing this area out. What is your map value when this occurs?

I have noticed that in this post it states that if the clutch is depressed then the pcm goes into P/n mode how is this affected if the car has no clutch switch? Also how would the pcm read if or how would it perform if the switch was bypassed? Not trying to change subjects just curious. Seeing as I dont have a clutch switch

if you disconnect the clutch switch, then the PCM will always think the clutch is out. So it will never transition into the "P/N" tables. Another thing to remember here is that if your are running DFCO, then the car may stall when you press the clutch as the PCM will still think it's in deceleration mode and not transition to the idle tables.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    if you disconnect the clutch switch, then the PCM will always think the clutch is out. So it will never transition into the "P/N" tables. Another thing to remember here is that if your are running DFCO, then the car may stall when you press the clutch as the PCM will still think it's in deceleration mode and not transition to the idle tables.

Simon
    Be careful not to start the car in gear with this solution...

Apologies for steering away from floating idles.

Simon, my interpretation of your post #8 is in that case a car would never use the Base Spark In Park/Neutral table? (specific to LS1-B here).
    It would always stay on the Base Spark In Gear table? (assuming the speed parameter was set at say 410kph and the TPS parameter was left @ 1.19).

I converted my car from A4 to M6 (LHD) back in 2003 and we never wired in any kind of clutch switch.

As for rev float, I have also found happiness with the 2002 ZO6 tables with a mix of the 2004 HSV GTS tables too for TC and TF values.
    Last edited by Sid447; March 30th, 2009 at 06:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast