Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E38 LS7 EQ_RAT and EOILTS Issues

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

All the SAE PIDs display LAMBDA for their value.

Those PIDs are:
    SAE.LAMBDA displays lambda, even though (in EFILive) the description says "Commanded Equivalence Ratio". The description needs to be updated.

SAE.WO2Sxx displays lambda, even though (in EFILive) the sub PIDs are called EQ_RATIO and the description says "Equivalence Ratio (Lambda)". The name and description needs to be updated. However, these PIDs are not supported on any vehicles that FlashScan is designed for - as the factory controller does not support wide band O2 sensors.

The confusion stems from the fact that in previous docs the explanation of those PIDs was ambiguous. Sometimes it refered to air-fuel equivalence ratio (which is what we call EQ_RATIO) and sometimes to fuel-air equivalence ratio (which is what we call Lambda). Sometimes it even mixed up lambda and equivalence ratio.

The latest SAE doc I have explain that it was wrong in previous docs and is now corrected.

I should have updated the descriptions in the latest release but it slipped off the "whiteboard list" I've put it back on the list.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

Those PIDs are:
    SAE.LAMBDA displays lambda, even though (in EFILive) the description says "Commanded Equivalence Ratio". The description needs to be updated.

SAE.WO2Sxx displays lambda, even though (in EFILive) the sub PIDs are called EQ_RATIO and the description says "Equivalence Ratio (Lambda)". The name and description needs to be updated. However, these PIDs are not supported on any vehicles that FlashScan is designed for - as the factory controller does not support wide band O2 sensors.

The confusion stems from the fact that in previous docs the explanation of those PIDs was ambiguous. Sometimes it refered to air-fuel equivalence ratio (which is what we call EQ_RATIO) and sometimes to fuel-air equivalence ratio (which is what we call Lambda). Sometimes it even mixed up lambda and equivalence ratio.

The latest SAE doc I have explain that it was wrong in previous docs and is now corrected.

I should have updated the descriptions in the latest release but it slipped off the "whiteboard list" I've put it back on the list.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul, appreciate the clarification. If even the SAE gets this out of whack, what hope have the rest of us mortals got?

Those PIDs are:

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, has this been corrected as of 8/29/2009?

No, but it has been corrected in the next update.
    Regards
    Paul

No, but it has been corrected in the next update.
    Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul. I'm trying to shed my AFR "training wheels" and trying to start working in EQ ratio. Looks like the next update is going to be a good one .

Actually, I just went to update those PID's descriptions and it has already been done in the previous release for generic (i.e. SAE) PIDs. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards
    Paul

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234