Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 LS7 EQ_RAT and EOILTS Issues

Default E38 LS7 EQ_RAT and EOILTS Issues

When the ECM goes into PE I'm getting commanded EQ values of .829. I have dual LC-1s and these read AFRs in the low 11s so I know PE commanded EQ can't be what EQ_RAT is logging.

Has anyone seen this?

I was not logging commanded AFR so I don't know whether this is correct or not. In previous logs, closed loop AFR/EQ is 14.68/1.

Also the GM.EOILTS always reads -40. ENGOILP and TFT read as expected and the oil temp gauges work. Is there another PID for oil temp that I'm missing.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by hapnermw View Post
    When the ECM goes into PE I'm getting commanded EQ values of .829. I have dual LC-1s and these read AFRs in the low 11s so I know PE commanded EQ can't be what EQ_RAT is logging.

Has anyone seen this?

I was not logging commanded AFR so I don't know whether this is correct or not. In previous logs, closed loop AFR/EQ is 14.68/1.

Also the GM.EOILTS always reads -40. ENGOILP and TFT read as expected and the oil temp gauges work. Is there another PID for oil temp that I'm missing.
    Are you using an LS7 Corvette calibration? Year? They typically dont have an oil temp PID, as the sensor does not connect to the ECM .
    Last edited by gmh308; March 29th, 2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Word missing........

As was in the previous post, the Oil Temp on most E38 applications is calculated. I am pretty sure the GM.EOILTS PID only shows what a real sensor would be reading if there was one fitted.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    As was in the previous post, the Oil Temp on most E38 applications is calculated. I am pretty sure the GM.EOILTS PID only shows what a real sensor would be reading if there was one fitted.

Cheers,
    Ross
    And have only seen one calibration so far that expects to see an Oil Temp Sensor.

:(

I have a feeling it might be used on what GM call the heavy duty applications. They might have even wanted it for the Workhorse series, like Motorhomes etc.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Are you using an LS7 Corvette calibration? Year? They typically dont have an oil temp PID, as the sensor does not connect to the ECM .
    It's a 2007 C6Z06 stock calibration. I suppose that ECT and oil pressure is sufficient for the ECM.

No one has commented yet on my issue with the PE values being output by the EQ_RAT PID.

This is supposed to report the commanded EQ Ratio but its PE values don't seem to make sense. Has anyone else encountered this?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by hapnermw View Post
    No one has commented yet on my issue with the PE values being output by the EQ_RAT PID.

This is supposed to report the commanded EQ Ratio but its PE values don't seem to make sense. Has anyone else encountered this?
    That difference is typically what drives the re-scaling of the MAF so that the commanded value = the measured value for lambda.

But there may be other factors, as you have not mentioned what mods are done on the car/engine, and someone who does this everyday may have some more feedback on whether the difference, which, though not knowing what low 11's is (11.05 or 11.35?) you may only be looking at a 7-9% error, and whether that is normal.

Just a thought on the EQ_RAT PID. Is there a chance that its actually...

"The commanded EQ ratio referenced to Stoich"

14.68 x 0.825 = 12.17:1 AFR. Would this be what you are commanding in PE mode?

Simon

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that EQ_RAT is behaving like Lambda instead of EQ.

Sanity check: have you set your fueling units to AFR or EQ and not Lambda...?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast