Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto VE and MAF

Default Auto VE and MAF

Im slightly confused with the AutoVE tuturial does it only work with SD tuning! It never explains how to turn the MAF back on after your done or do you just not use AutoVE with a MAF sorry the newbie is trying to gain a better understanding of this! Im working on a 2000 camaro btw!

Auto VE is done with the MAF disabled. If you chose to run a MAF after dialing in the VE, you'll need to reverse the step taken to disable it, then dial in the MAF so it is correct.

Simon

I can't find a writeup on how to dial the MAF back in. Is there a autoMAF procedure out there?
    03 z06 auto
    ver7.5.5 custom OS5
    415 ci
    239/255 .624 lift LSr grind
    16psi
    Meth injection
    PLX WB02

Same as AutoVE but with MAF enabled, and...

- if you're using analog AFR you have to use the B5001 BEN map for your wideband,
    - if you're using serial AFR, copy/edit one of the B5001 BEN maps to use EXT.WO2AFR1 as the data.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Same as AutoVE but with MAF enabled, and...

- if you're using analog AFR you have to use the B5001 BEN map for your wideband,
    - if you're using serial AFR, copy/edit one of the B5001 BEN maps to use EXT.WO2AFR1 as the data.
    I have never actually been able to tune the MAF using this method, I posted about it months ago, there was someone else with the same problem, but I never got any answer as to why, I think the car went really really lean after trying to turn the MAF back on. Joe, reading your post, could using the wrong data caused my issue?
    98 WS6, M6, 02 PCM, CO3, SD 2 Bar tune, 416 D1SC Procharger, 73# Injectors, Patriot Lq9 heads, 232 int 240 exh. Lift .595 int .608 exh 115.. header, Intake, AEM WB.

Using the wrong data, or using Lamda as fuel units, will certainly cause problems...

I don't remember that thread, I'll have to find it and reread it.

AutoMAF seems to work for some vehicles and not for others, I don't know the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Using the wrong data, or using Lamda as fuel units, will certainly cause problems...

I don't remember that thread, I'll have to find it and reread it.

AutoMAF seems to work for some vehicles and not for others, I don't know the reasons.
    Well maybe I am not as dumb as I think, but I never did get the MAF to work right on that one car. That guy is still driving it around with the MAF unplugged, he does not mind as SD works fine, but at some point I told him to bring it back so I can figure it out.....just for my own education....He could care less about it.
    98 WS6, M6, 02 PCM, CO3, SD 2 Bar tune, 416 D1SC Procharger, 73# Injectors, Patriot Lq9 heads, 232 int 240 exh. Lift .595 int .608 exh 115.. header, Intake, AEM WB.

I'm not sure if there is a tutorial for AutoMAF but I believe you have to set B0120 to 400 so it is always using maf only for airflow calculations. Otherwise it will use a combination of maf and speed density which will throw off your data.

Quote Originally Posted by poolshark021 View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a tutorial for AutoMAF but I believe you have to set B0120 to 400 so it is always using maf only for airflow calculations. Otherwise it will use a combination of maf and speed density which will throw off your data.
    Correct. Then just use BEN's same as for the VE table.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Quote Originally Posted by zapp168 View Post
    Well maybe I am not as dumb as I think, but I never did get the MAF to work right on that one car. That guy is still driving it around with the MAF unplugged, he does not mind as SD works fine, but at some point I told him to bring it back so I can figure it out.....just for my own education....He could care less about it.
    What year/model is it...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast