Thread: First time user

Default First time user

Hello all, this is my first time I have used EFI LIve, I just scrapped the Bully Dog. I was told that Vista will handle the software just fine. To my dismay, when I tried to download the Scan & Tune V7.5, it read The requested operation requires elevation, Win32 error 740. This is on my laptop that I just bought, it is an Apple MacBook Pro but had it rebooted to use Windows Vista too. I was able to download the software to my other PC, Vista desktop, but I will not be able to take my desktop to the DMax.
    Does anyone that have an Apple rebooted to use Windows as a second program have this problem? I'd like to get this laptop up and running so I can get the ball rolling. Thanks

BM

BM, welcome to the forum...

Were you logged in as Admin...?

The user you install as needs to be a member of the Administrators group, and you should disable User Account Control (UAC).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I did some browsing around, found out that right clicking on the EFI download page does not work, so I went to Computer and opened that file and right clicked on the EFI icon and was able to do it. While into the download, there was another popup while the download was in process and says to download new update for V7.5 after the V7.5 was downloaded, etc and clicked yes and there was two things running and I had another popup saying to close something exe because it was running, etc. So I closed it and close the wrong file, guessed, not sure. But resumed downloading the Explorer too and the rest of the PDF files to learn the course.

I wanted to make sure everything is downloaded because of the pop ups, etc. I see three icons on my desktop, EFI LiveV7.5 Scan Tool, EFI Live V7.5 Tune Tool and EFI Live Explorer,,,if I see all these icons ,,does that mean that they all are downloaded properly? Wanted to make sure before I touch the DMax with it and lose the stock tune.

I also checked programs and there is EFI V7.5 and EFI V8. I just got the 6 tunes from Tony Burkhard. I have not downloaded into my DMax yet.

I am just not sure what to do yet. Nervous, my DMax is back to stock, I used to have Bully Dog plus a lot of ATS products on it. Bottom is stock. 07 LBZ has about 650-675 horses with Bully Dog with Crazy Larry. Have Aurora 4000, CP3 twins, lift pump with FASS, ATS Extreme Transmission, 5 Star, billet flywheel,input and output shafts, Water Boy Injection, head studs, ATS Cyclone 100 hp. injectors, PPE intercooler, ATS intake, AFE exhaust 4 inch straightpiped. I will start with the basic tune which is #1 and learn more about its controls but have not done it yet.
    Tutorials?

Welcome to the forum Bad Max. These guys should be abel to get you going. I'm not a Vista user

On the Apple question, I've heard of many folks using virtual machine software, i.e. VMWare Fusion, to host an XP or Vista PC. I don't know how this has been working out using EFILive though.

I was running Win XP on VMware fusion on Mac OS X on my Apple MBP, but now I use Boot Camp to natively boot Win XP...

I haven't tried Vista yet.