Thread: Lots of boost... Not much power

Default Lots of boost... Not much power

I put an Aurora 3000 in my lly and it seems to have done wonders to the low end (less than about 2100 rpm) but has lost power on the upper end. It is especially bad when I'm pulling my trailer. It's only about 3000 lb and I am having a hard time keeping up to loaded semi trucks on the highway. The boost sits right around 20 - 23 psi at hwy speed but has almost no throttle response, regardless of rpm. If I push too hard on the pedal, it downshifts and things get worse cuz the rpm's go up. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any tips where to start looking in EFI live?
    '05 LLY, 6" lift, 35" Toyo's, Escalade Diamond Perl, Aurora 3000 turbo, Cognito braces, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by pistonrings View Post
    I put an Aurora 3000 in my lly and it seems to have done wonders to the low end (less than about 2100 rpm) but has lost power on the upper end. It is especially bad when I'm pulling my trailer. It's only about 3000 lb and I am having a hard time keeping up to loaded semi trucks on the highway. The boost sits right around 20 - 23 psi at hwy speed but has almost no throttle response, regardless of rpm. If I push too hard on the pedal, it downshifts and things get worse cuz the rpm's go up. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any tips where to start looking in EFI live?
    Are you using EFI to tune and log?

I'm going to get EFI in the next couple of days. I just downloaded the demo software to have a look around. It's not obvious to me what changes I would have to make. I suppose logging would probably give me some hints...
    '05 LLY, 6" lift, 35" Toyo's, Escalade Diamond Perl, Aurora 3000 turbo, Cognito braces, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust

While the A3k is an upgrade for your engine, to make better use of this charger, you'll have to change your programming to match. Once you get more fuel up top as well as change some limiters, you'll see the A3K advantage. Get EFI.

Can you be more specific about the limiters?

A log would have to viewed to be sure but, Boost limits set by fuel Pulse Width. Could be a desired boost hit in B2207 or any of those particular tables (B220?).

Quote Originally Posted by abkimble View Post
    While the A3k is an upgrade for your engine, to make better use of this charger, you'll have to change your programming to match. Once you get more fuel up top as well as change some limiters, you'll see the A3K advantage. Get EFI.
    X2