Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How about EFilive on the Iphone????

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Nicer looking icon's and harder access to operational parts of the PC advanced users want to access is all I see with Vista / W7.
    And more stability. I get over 1,000 hours between some reboots on a laptop that is suspended and hibernated many times a day. XP would be lucky to make 100.

Only real issue with Vista is the way it abruptly runs out of graphics resources.

Given the app store approval process madness, I wouldn't even think of writing software for it. Writing software is enough of a technical challenge without dealing with Apple's quasi-political nonsense they exhibit toward the app store.

Quote Originally Posted by 98 tigershark
    Are you saying you are liking the VM better now?
    Not sure what you mean? I always use VMware when I am "playing" with something new and/or unknown and I don't want to potentially ruin my production environment (takes ages to recover from that!).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Given the app store approval process madness, I wouldn't even think of writing software for it. Writing software is enough of a technical challenge without dealing with Apple's quasi-political nonsense they exhibit toward the app store.
    Thats why cydia has gotten so big. Yea most of the stuff is free and you have to have your phone jailbroken to use it, but they are making good money off the apps that are being sold and there is no oversight from apple (I just love how it pisses them off!). I like being able to download simple things like custom themes and icons that apple refuses to allow on an iphone. How stupid is that?

On a side note I have been running a dual-boot hackintosh for a year or two and I really like it. Certain things the mac os just seems to be better at such as editing music and pictures. I know I can do the same thing with windows programs but the mac seems a little easier. At one point I was triple-booting Mac OS X, Ubuntu, and Windows 7 all on one pc. I never ended up using ubuntu so I deleted it. I still use windows 7 quite a bit and I like it. First thing I did was disable UAC and I haven't had any problems with it.

Default Dont worry about MS and graphics soon!!

MS is getting ready for infinite imagery and also uses it for Gov applications now. It started with the Mandelbrot, I think I spelled the name right. Infinite geometry is the future of imagery for all, but MS has been at it longer. Blue ray has won the day for now but do not count out MS, they just need a medium for the technology they posses. I bet it comes out of the Xbox platform as someday tuning will. The remotes are the future, that is for sure and the gamers have the edge here I bet.
    98 tigershark

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    And more stability. I get over 1,000 hours between some reboots on a laptop that is suspended and hibernated many times a day. XP would be lucky to make 100.

Only real issue with Vista is the way it abruptly runs out of graphics resources.
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    That is the opposite to me, I stick with XP because once installed it will usually behave itself for many years as long as you don't keep installing free demo crap that bloats the registry. I found this to be the situation on a number of PC's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

That is the opposite to me, I stick with XP because once installed it will usually behave itself for many years as long as you don't keep installing free demo crap that bloats the registry. I found this to be the situation on a number of PC's.
    Ah yes. LARDWare. Must've been the IBM laptops that I had XP on that de-stabilised it.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    BolloxWare!

Default You stick to XP because....

Heelllloo Ross,

Come on now, you stick to XP because of your printers work better with it.
    You are a USB and port expert I bet as you have that stuff down like no other.
    98 tigershark

98 tigershark

Default Apple and Money live together in perfect harmony!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by endo

Apple is a business and they need money, money ,monieee
    Apple and money live together in perfect harmony
    Apple for ever and ever
    Why? Because Im apple, Im Apple, Im Apple, Whose Bad? APPle apps thats who!
    98 tigershark
    98 tigershark

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast