Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How about EFilive on the Iphone????

Default No, you are wrong!

You are wrong GMPX, I am taking you very seriously. I of course am not talking about using a cell phone to tune. But you guys are allot more than programmers. You have to be aware of Moore technology( I think I spelled that right) and SARS as that is the future of networking and you guy are pretty cutting edge.
    And I mean that as a compliment. I would never doubt you, but you are an intellectual technology company so I do not expect you to advertise anything you are working on until you make that discussion. But bins, and pids, Linux / unix, apps? I am looking forward to whatever your next move is, thats all!
    By the way is a GMPX a turboed Buick 6 cylinder?
    Very respectfully,
    98 tigershark

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Someone isn't taking me seriously. I have 0% interest in owning or using an iPhone yet alone developing an 'app' for said device. The idea of displaying a Virtual VE table on an iPhone is laughable, because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.

Official announcement: EFILIVE WILL NEVER DEVELOP IT'S PRODUCT FOR A CELL PHONE OF ANY TYPE.
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by 98 tigershark View Post
    By the way is a GMPX a turboed Buick 6 cylinder?
    Very respectfully,
    98 tigershark
    No, but I do like those old cars, from memory they were called a GNX. I think they are worth about $20K these days for a nice one.
    To be honest, I don't remember where GMPX came from, It's an acronym for something, I just can't remember what.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well, I am in love with my iPhone. A purchase I totally do not regret (unlike may other expensive phone purchases)
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Well, I am in love with my iPhone. A purchase I totally do not regret (unlike may other expensive phone purchases)
    That makes two types in EFILive now...those who do and those who dont...IPhone.

And the only person in EFILive with a mobile phone!

Such is the responsibility a person in support carries .

My mobile phone pretty much serves as a device by which I can be nagged when out of the house
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

My mobile phone pretty much serves as a device by which I can be nagged when out of the house
    Is that a chance for a new "app". Nag manager!

It automatically answers and plays back a piece from a Clint Eastwood film where he has been whacked and is on the ground being attended to by a rapidly talking Sondra Locke....where he gives her that "look" and sighs...."nag, nag, nag"

Sort of an iLeash?

Default How come we are talking about Linux and apps?

I use both macs and PCs but I never take my PCs on line. As I said, then Paul and Ross would find out that that I sell black market Licenses. But if we had an i app now then Apple would get a piece of the action as you have to go through a somewhat long process and they do deny them (the apps for i app, but do aprove around 70% so they say, I think it has to do with their cut of the action personally) and have recently been called on by the FCC for unreasonably denying them(the i apps platform that is). Apple has answered and It seemed reasonable to me, they want a piece of the action.
    So, if it were me I would try Linux and a different medium. But with Linux and unix, One can steal most info pretty easy with the use of a pseudo, pseudo sam or alias and hide it with a secret invisible Samba and password). DOS is just as easy though. Apple does tick me off as I cant load my hundreds of CDs (mostly music and movies) I own and paid for on my ipods and the touch because apple wants to sell it to me again thru iTunes, go figure. Oddly enough Ipods and most players use RAW or a FAT partition and not a fat32 or guid. Interesting!!! They do have PCs that can now run on either or both linux/unix and even Mac OX, they are called macpc's, Micromacs, macdosses or crapples (ithink one way is a program called Pear4). This is not boot camp or Parallel. U can also use thum sticks for linux/windows and now mac OX.
    What are the EFILive guys up to with Linux? By the way guys, Tordne knows all of this and is very good with Macs and PCs, so hound him, he also has a cell phone!! His # is.... I better not.
    Cant wait to find out,
    98 tigershark
    Last edited by 98 tigershark; September 7th, 2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    98 tigershark

You can't load an ipod with MP3's?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Default It called reformat!

I have reformatted my sons iPod with a fat partition and it has worked for 2 years now with MP3! It does take a layered thumb program too. Look it up, it is easy to find many how tos that work!!! You do have to use an older non updated original iPod disk and MP3 works fine even in the Windows Media player. Just do not update as they were a day late and a dollar short. If you have updated and dont have both original discs (WIndows and the iPod) you may not be able too. But we can. Naner naner naner!!!
    98 tigershark

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    You can't load an ipod with MP3's?
    Last edited by 98 tigershark; September 7th, 2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: forgot the main thing
    98 tigershark

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast