Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How about EFilive on the Iphone????

Default Tomorrow I have a Doctors Appt. Wait until Wed

Hey mr.prick,
    If you can wait until Wednesday, I will send you a screen shot of an iPod with MP3 and ACC both on them and I can still cut and past the music to the iPod in MP3 format by copying(cut and paste) it to iTunes. I just double checked my old 30 gig ipod too and it is absolutely correct. It (the iPod) also works with either Windows Media player and iTunes with MP3 and ACC, But!!!! It is windows SP1 and the original ipod disk. We paid for allot of money for music for our own personal use and have a legal right to load them on my household players for our own personal use. Under the original Licenses the copy rights and duplicating were recognized as for your personal use, only! If I shared or updated I would have had to agree not too copy my own music that I own and abandoned my legal rights, so read the Licenses before updating in the future. I would have given up the right to use my own music on the player, its all about the license. I do not copy for or share with anyone else as that is a violation even under the old disks. That is only fair as I did pay for them and the artist also got paid. That is the right way and legal also.
    I knew right away after reading that I would have given up my legal rights if I checked that stupid little box! the one that says I agree!
    Best wishes,
    98 tigershark
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

I ripped all my old CDs to MP3 then sold my CDs,
    user agreements be damned.
    I will never buy another CD again only 15ยข MP3s or convert youtube videos to MP3.
    Most musicians don't deserve full price anyways.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by 98 tigershark
    What are the EFILive guys up to with Linux? By the way guys, Tordne knows all of this and is very good with Macs and PCs, so hound him, he also has a cell phone!!
    I have been tempted to run Linux on my workstation/laptop a number of times. The unfortunately reality (for me anyway) is that I need to run Windows pretty much all the time. I have even toyed with running Windows in a VM, but if you are always operating in a VM it gets a bit tired.

I run Linux on all our servers. My biggest annoyance at the moment is trying to get Offline Files working with Samba . You can open any file you like on any Samba share, but Offline Files complains (exactly the number of errors as files to be sync'd). That just makes no sense!! If I can open the file why can't it GRRR! Figure it will get fixed quickly when Windows 7 get used on mass anyway.

Back to the topic (sort of). Until I bought the iPhone I was never really a supporter of anything out of the Apple camp. I chose to have all my music in the Microsoft WMA format. I waited, and waited for a compelling device to come out and compete with the iPhone. I know the Zune exists (but now down in Australia/NZ for whatever reason). I actually figured at some point the iPhone would have to support WMA, but no!

Anyway, test drove an iPhone for a week before making up my mind. Converted all my music to iTunes Plus, and have not looked back
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Hackintoshs are becoming popular, take a PC and run OS X on it. Im going to try and do it here soon with an old PC I have laying around but the kicker is it has an AMD Athlon XP 2600+, not supposed to be able to run iATKOS on anything but x64...we'll see what happens.

I got an iPod Touch 8gb (should have spent the extra $$ for the 16 gig, mistake) with OS 2.2.1 on it and converted it to OS 3 for free (google it). I rip all my music in WMP as MP3s and load them straight onto my iPod. No converting and its nice because both iTunes and WMP dont balk at me (iTunes doesnt like my old music in WMA and WMP doesnt like AAC but will deal with them, iTunes converts everything to AAC).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I actually got OSX 10.5.5 (don't think I could update without killing it) running a VMware environment to have a "play" with.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I am yet to be convinced that anything out there offers me anything better than XP (for the software I need to run).
    Ubuntu, I've tried to live with it, but it has too many sort comings in a Windows world. I can't see myself ever buying a Mac, esp when they are really just a PC with a standard architecture. Apple as a company has been on my 'hate' list since the 80's, old grudges never die.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default They all seem to want to License the world.

Apple is actually on to something with There new technology in the iPhone and touches( it is very different fast compact and exciting) By the way for the younger generation the XBox will become some day their computer or so I am told. It puts out a very very powerful radio wave. These kind of waves are the Future and may be the new virtual cords to the PCMs to our cars PCMs/ECUs. I personally think Aside from that, My family bought me a Mac for XMas. Or else I would not have bought one at the time. We had dial up until 3 weeks ago now we have 5G DSL I think. DSL/cable/cell phones did not work at our house because we live up in the Mountains and hills and a southern view of the sky just weren't there for satlelite. I keep the dial up stuff now so that when we have Power outages I can still get my mail. The mac clearly worked better with dial up than Windows. I see the Mac platform like a schick Razor you buy the razor than it the blades that get you. It seems that Mac instead of offering update on there iWork 08 instead want to charge for iWork 09. I don't like to put windows apps on the mac i.e Windows office for Macs. I am researching this new Moores Technology so I will let you know what I find unless someone else can tell us more about it now. I was a hard fast windows guy and microsoft and Mac give realy pretty good customer service. But Macs do get viruses and trojans and get hacked just like anything else as Tordne said the unix sharing platform, as it is my understanding that unix is an almost open furum aside from a few passwords. So when they (Apple that is) say no viruses it is just a matter of symantics. I have too much time on my hands and play (i mean look at) with the incryption allot. Pretty cool stuff if you like to read it. I think it is just a matter of a few years anyway and the branding differences will be only the name. I like EFILive on Windows and want to put the small dell in my cars dash and the keyboard and touch pad on a swivle type of setup in my cars so it can be hidden if I can do it clean and can upgrade for the future. Look, I have a VHS to CD converter because I like to save the movies I buy. I would rather buy them than rent so I do not like a computer company dictating what I have paid for telling me what I can and cannot put on my computer. If you do read the lisences you might see they really tick me off. Pretty soon the whole world will be Google/Microsoft/ipod/Blueray/ and maybe Verizon. They all seem to want to License the world.
    98 tigershark
    98 tigershark

I loaded up a Windows XP Professional VM for the first time in ages. And I have to say, looking at it with fresh eyes Vista and Windows 7 are definitely A LOT heavier!

I'm sitting here with my Linux external hard disk about to boot into that and have a renewed look right now
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    I loaded up a Windows XP Professional VM for the first time in ages. And I have to say, looking at it with fresh eyes Vista and Windows 7 are definitely A LOT heavier!
    Nicer looking icon's and harder access to operational parts of the PC advanced users want to access is all I see with Vista / W7.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default What are you saying?

Hey Tordne,
    Are you saying you are liking the VM better now?
    98 tigershark
    P.S. GMXP isnt that a printer port thing anyway? Is that why we are stuck with a USB setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post

I'm sitting here with my Linux external hard disk about to boot into that and have a renewed look right now
    98 tigershark

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast