Thread: 411 swap, loading new file?

Default 411 swap, loading new file?

Im about to do a 411 pcm swap on my 98 silverado. The guy I bought my EFILive from sent me a stock tune for a express van and a modded tune to get me started. The question I have is do I have to load the stock tune first then the modded tune or can I load the modded tune first?

I also have another question. What do I have to do when I hook up to the new pcm for the first time because it has a different vin number stored in it. I think what im really asking is do I put my truck vin when EFILive ask for the vin or the one that is stored on the pcm? Sorry if this is confusing, cause im really confused right now. Havent tried it yet but dont want to screw it up.
    98 silverado 4wd excb 5.7l, zz4 cam,roller rockers, shorty headers, 0411 swap, Flash Scan V1 commercial

In the modded file just change the VIN to be the VIN of your vehicle, and then save it.

If you are happy with the modded tune (operating system and calibration) there is no need to load the stock tune first. All you need to do is perform a full flash operation which downloads the complete calibration (os and cal data) to the ECM.

To enable the full flash button you need to connect FlashScan to your PC before starting the Tune Tool.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

You cannot use a stock Express van tune on the 411 swap. You need to modify at a minimum the VATS or else it will not start. Also some of it (fuel tank size, etc.) or else you get errors and a MIL (malfunction indicator lamp).

If the tune is modified in the spark or fuel areas, it may be good, and it may also be no good depending on how good the previous owner was and whether or not they had a similar setup to yours (Stock engine?). What works for one vehicle does not necessarily work for another.

Depending on what is modified in that tune, you may want to use it, and you may want to use the stock express van tune and modify it yourself.

If the stock express van tune is an 01 operating system, I think it may be better to swap it out for an 02 operating system version if there is a difference (I think there is and it makes different custom operating systems available I think but I'm not sure).

I have a 97 5.7L running a 2002 Express van tune on a 411 with a marine intake conversion. Let me know if you need any help. Also hquick is very helpful, as is Lextech. We all have similar setups, sort of...

I bought the efilive from justin and he also set me up the modded tune so im sure its a good one. Thanks for letting me know that I have ot change tank size and other stuff or else I wouldnt have thought of it. Im not sure if it is a 01 or 02 stock tune.
    98 silverado 4wd excb 5.7l, zz4 cam,roller rockers, shorty headers, 0411 swap, Flash Scan V1 commercial

From Justin at Blackbear?
    You should be good to go straight to the modded tune. Justin deffinately knows his stuff. He's helped me out numerous times.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Ya Justin from Blackbear.