Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My EFI Live LMM wish list

Lifetime Member

I see B0203... Is this a prologue to fuel limiting tables related to the MAF by chance?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I don't see timing table "D" anymore. I had some trucks that would run off of "D" at times. Thoughts?
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    I don't see timing table "D" anymore. I had some trucks that would run off of "D" at times. Thoughts?
    good point Rob. One of my latest datalogs trying to turn the pilot down was running off of D.

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Looking at the descriptions now I think the "D" was maybe just one of these others. Looks like "A" is where our problem has been laying Jody. Let the good times roll, anyone want to by a LBZ? Think I'll be in the market for a LMM!
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Rob, the old 'D' table was simply not right, as they are configured now everything should fall in to line. The regen tables are rather odd though (when post injections are on), I've left them out for now, they are not the same size or structure of the A,B,C tables. I'll add them, but for now I figure the others were more important.

Jody, I'd be interested to hear if you think the ECM is still using what was the 'D' table. I don't know why they made such a severe change between the LBZ & LMM with these tables but really, 12 main timing tables!
    For you shutting off the pilot's then 'A' should be the tables you are using.

The B0205 MAF was to help for the P0103 DTC (I think that was the right number).

Please let me know how you go with this update.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Rob, the old 'D' table was simply not right, as they are configured now everything should fall in to line. The regen tables are rather odd though (when post injections are on), I've left them out for now, they are not the same size or structure of the A,B,C tables. I'll add them, but for now I figure the others were more important.

Jody, I'd be interested to hear if you think the ECM is still using what was the 'D' table. I don't know why they made such a severe change between the LBZ & LMM with these tables but really, 12 main timing tables!
    For you shutting off the pilot's then 'A' should be the tables you are using.

The B0205 MAF was to help for the P0103 DTC (I think that was the right number).

Cheers,
    Ross
    I was trying some timing changes to see if they had a effect on the cold engine noise this truck makes. I put all the tables back to stock timing except at wot areas. Did a log and noticed that right after a wot 4-5 shift the rpms dropped to just under 2500 and the timing dropped to 1.5 degrees............... I looked through the tables and noticed that D matched that exactly, so I assumed it was using D at that point. Thing is, it could not have been in regen...............

Jody
    new updated website!

Just to clarify, 'D' should not exist in the new maps, you should be seeing only A - C.

B0920 - B0923 should be used when only the Main is on.
    B0924 - B0927 should be used when Main + Pilot 1 is on.
    B0928 - B0931 should be used when Main + Pilot 1&2 are on.

GM.MAINTSEL_DMA should show you which combination are being used.
    If it's still not making sense can you please post a log file with the PID GM.MAINTSEL_DMA shown.

I suspect that the transient tables are what it fell in to after the shift, they are quite low (less than 0 deg at 2500)

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Cheers,
    Ross
    First of all i never had a problem with the MAF trowing codes so i don't know if it helped in that dept. But i would have figured that if it was set to "not equipped" then the ecm would not use it? But i can still log accurate values from the MAF? Is it more of a thing where it shuts off the performance testing of the MAF?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Just to clarify, 'D' should not exist in the new maps, you should be seeing only A - C.

B0920 - B0923 should be used when only the Main is on.
    B0924 - B0927 should be used when Main + Pilot 1 is on.
    B0928 - B0931 should be used when Main + Pilot 1&2 are on.

GM.MAINTSEL_DMA should show you which combination are being used.
    If it's still not making sense can you please post a log file with the PID GM.MAINTSEL_DMA shown.

I suspect that the transient tables are what it fell in to after the shift, they are quite low (less than 0 deg at 2500)

Cheers,
    Ross
    ok, did some more datalogging today. The extra timing tables didn't help with my issue.

If I just zero out the pilot table area for wot, you still get a pilot 1. If you zero out the pilot 1 area for full fuel pressure (180 and 190 mpa) it drops to 150US, but still on. If you go into the fuel pressure pulse allowed table and set it for 1 pulse only, the pilot is off, but unfortunately the timing is gone. I changed every table at every elevation, including transients to 20-28 degrees from 2500 to 3500 rpms; I get a max of 17.5 degrees, so there is appears to be a missing timing or limiter table tied to the fuel pressure pulse table.

I have an idea to get the pilot 1 to shut off, and will post back after I try it.

I definitely appreciate your time spent on this Ross.

Jody
    new updated website!

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    here's my list of tables and/or things I'd like to see figured out on the LMM's.

1. Shutting off pilot and having it actually shut off. If you zero out the pilot quantity tables in the wot areas it does not actually shut it off, still shows 3.5 mm3 and 240 US. Has always done it on mine from day one.

If I zero out the pilot 1 and 2 pulse tables in the 170 mpa and up range it closes the pilot down to 150US and the same 3.5 mm3. Now these tables aren't even supposed to be used after 30 mm3 according to their description, but zeroing them makes a difference at wot, and the truck picks up power.

The ONLY way to shut off the pilot on my truck is to use the max pulses allowed table in the fuel pressure section, setting it to 1 above 2500 rpms. Works perfect, no pilot, but you also lose the timing control.

2. If we can't get the pilot to actually turn off (not an issue with the earlier LBZ, LLY, LB7's from what tuners have told me) then I'd love to see access to whatever table limits the timing to 22 degrees when you shut the pilot off with the fuel pressure pulse tables. Up until that point I can get the timing I want with the pilot US at 150 or 240 as above (although I have to command a couple degrees more than I want to get there, some other limiter at work it appears). Once the pilot is off it will not go beyond 22 degrees which kills the performance of the truck.

3. This one is an annoyance more than anything else, and only applies to the guys with twins who have removed the air valve assembly. You get a dead pedal every once in a while. No check engine light, no warning. Always happens after coming to a stop, like at a red light. You go to accelerate when the light turns green and you're in limp mode. A simple key off/on resets it and you're fine again. Thing is sometimes it's happened 5 minutes apart, but mostly does it once every week or two. I've bumped my limp fuel enough that I can get the truck out of the intersection, but not so much that I can't tell it happened, so I can reset the key. No check engine light, but with the air valve disconnected there is a P02E8 code pending always; will not clear. I have it set to not report (which it doesn't) but it still goes into limp mode. Have tried changing parameters in the air valve table, but haven't found anything that helps.The timing limiter with no pilot or getting the pilot off without using the fuel pressure pulse tables are the most critical. We'll never get the LMM's to run equally with the LBZ's and earlier without it. Obviously, this is for Ross who has nothing but time on his hands....................

Jody
    hey jody you may want to check your egr settings this was a issue on my truck a while ago and cause the same condition you are refering to. i have had no air valve on my truck for 60,000 miles no issues becuase of it. I dont know if you have tried setting your air valve settings to this but you can try this as well for your air valve.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast