Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My EFI Live LMM wish list

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My EFI Live LMM wish list

here's my list of tables and/or things I'd like to see figured out on the LMM's.

1. Shutting off pilot and having it actually shut off. If you zero out the pilot quantity tables in the wot areas it does not actually shut it off, still shows 3.5 mm3 and 240 US. Has always done it on mine from day one.

If I zero out the pilot 1 and 2 pulse tables in the 170 mpa and up range it closes the pilot down to 150US and the same 3.5 mm3. Now these tables aren't even supposed to be used after 30 mm3 according to their description, but zeroing them makes a difference at wot, and the truck picks up power.

The ONLY way to shut off the pilot on my truck is to use the max pulses allowed table in the fuel pressure section, setting it to 1 above 2500 rpms. Works perfect, no pilot, but you also lose the timing control.

2. If we can't get the pilot to actually turn off (not an issue with the earlier LBZ, LLY, LB7's from what tuners have told me) then I'd love to see access to whatever table limits the timing to 22 degrees when you shut the pilot off with the fuel pressure pulse tables. Up until that point I can get the timing I want with the pilot US at 150 or 240 as above (although I have to command a couple degrees more than I want to get there, some other limiter at work it appears). Once the pilot is off it will not go beyond 22 degrees which kills the performance of the truck.

3. This one is an annoyance more than anything else, and only applies to the guys with twins who have removed the air valve assembly. You get a dead pedal every once in a while. No check engine light, no warning. Always happens after coming to a stop, like at a red light. You go to accelerate when the light turns green and you're in limp mode. A simple key off/on resets it and you're fine again. Thing is sometimes it's happened 5 minutes apart, but mostly does it once every week or two. I've bumped my limp fuel enough that I can get the truck out of the intersection, but not so much that I can't tell it happened, so I can reset the key. No check engine light, but with the air valve disconnected there is a P02E8 code pending always; will not clear. I have it set to not report (which it doesn't) but it still goes into limp mode. Have tried changing parameters in the air valve table, but haven't found anything that helps.

The timing limiter with no pilot or getting the pilot off without using the fuel pressure pulse tables are the most critical. We'll never get the LMM's to run equally with the LBZ's and earlier without it. Obviously, this is for Ross who has nothing but time on his hands....................

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    here's my list of tables and/or things I'd like to see figured out on the LMM's.

3. This one is an annoyance more than anything else, and only applies to the guys with twins who have removed the air valve assembly. You get a dead pedal every once in a while. No check engine light, no warning. Always happens after coming to a stop, like at a red light. You go to accelerate when the light turns green and you're in limp mode. A simple key off/on resets it and you're fine again. Thing is sometimes it's happened 5 minutes apart, but mostly does it once every week or two. I've bumped my limp fuel enough that I can get the truck out of the intersection, but not so much that I can't tell it happened, so I can reset the key. No check engine light, but with the air valve disconnected there is a P02E8 code pending always; will not clear. I have it set to not report (which it doesn't) but it still goes into limp mode. Have tried changing parameters in the air valve table, but haven't found anything that helps.
    Wow. I haven't had that happen. Hope I didn't just set myself up by saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBeaver View Post
    Wow. I haven't had that happen. Hope I didn't just set myself up by saying that.
    lucky me................ Do you always show the P02E8 code pending and it won't clear?

Jody
    new updated website!

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    lucky me................ Do you always show the P02E8 code pending and it won't clear?

Jody
    Just checked, yep it's there. What OS are you running. Not to complicate all this or anything....just wondering.

Just checked, yep it's there. What OS are you running. Not to complicate all this or anything....just wondering.
    I've tried two different ones. My stock OS is 7103 and also did a full flash to 7083, both had the same issues.

Jody
    new updated website!

Jody, thanks for the wish list post, this sort of thing really helps us.
    I've printed it out and will take a look as soon as I can. Dead pedal without a DTC is pretty nasty though, tracking down faults without any DTC reference is tough.

No doubt the day I sit down to do it all GM will release another OS update for one of the vehicles we support! The 2010 models will be here soon and that usually means lots of work.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Jody, thanks for the wish list post, this sort of thing really helps us.
    I've printed it out and will take a look as soon as I can. Dead pedal without a DTC is pretty nasty though, tracking down faults without any DTC reference is tough.

No doubt the day I sit down to do it all GM will release another OS update for one of the vehicles we support!

Cheers,
    Ross

thanks Ross. I would think the air valve is the issue. I have it set to not report, so there's no check engine light (even though it always shows a pending P02E8 dtc with the scan tool). I figured that even though it isn't tripping the light since it's shut off, it's still going into limp mode.

It's possible that it's not related, but my truck has never had this issue until the twin install and removal of that air valve.

Jody
    new updated website!

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

No doubt the day I sit down to do it all GM will release another OS update for one of the vehicles we support! The 2010 models will be here soon and that usually means lots of work.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Screw them.

J/K I can't imagine the task it is to work through all this.

Jody, do you get the "reduced power" or whatever message on the DIC?

Jody, do you get the "reduced power" or whatever message on the DIC?
    no, no warning at all. Always happens after a full stop like at a red light. Hit the pedal to go, limp mode......................
    new updated website!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast