Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My EFI Live LMM wish list

Quote Originally Posted by fire0021 View Post
    hey jody you may want to check your egr settings this was a issue on my truck a while ago and cause the same condition you are refering to. i have had no air valve on my truck for 60,000 miles no issues becuase of it. I dont know if you have tried setting your air valve settings to this but you can try this as well for your air valve.

yeah, I've since found many guys without air valves and no issues. I assumed it was that due to the pending unclearable dtc, but I'll check the egr settings. Tough to figure out since it doesn't set any codes, other than the air valve.

Thanks.

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    ok, did some more datalogging today. The extra timing tables didn't help with my issue.

If I just zero out the pilot table area for wot, you still get a pilot 1. If you zero out the pilot 1 area for full fuel pressure (180 and 190 mpa) it drops to 150US, but still on. If you go into the fuel pressure pulse allowed table and set it for 1 pulse only, the pilot is off, but unfortunately the timing is gone. I changed every table at every elevation, including transients to 20-28 degrees from 2500 to 3500 rpms; I get a max of 17.5 degrees, so there is appears to be a missing timing or limiter table tied to the fuel pressure pulse table.

I have an idea to get the pilot 1 to shut off, and will post back after I try it.

I definitely appreciate your time spent on this Ross.

Jody
    Jody, you just pee'd in my cerrios
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    Jody, you just pee'd in my cerrios
    yeah, I was a bit bummed cause I thought we had it figured out. I'll post back in a couple hours when I get a chance to try a new idea.

Jody
    new updated website!

my changes didn't work. I know it's pilot #1 that won't go dead, and I followed it through every table related to it with the scan on, so I know what cells it's using as they're highlighted. I zeroed every single one and it still stays lit at 3.5 mm3 and 150US. If Ross can find a table related to the fuel pressure max pulses that limits timing severely when set to 1 pulse max then that'll be the next and hopefully final step in my tuning. Otherwise, the truck is running great, nothing to complain about. I just know it'll go even faster if I can get this darned pilot off......................

Jody
    new updated website!

Mine too

Thanks for all your posts in here outlining the problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBeaver View Post
    Mine too

Thanks for all your posts in here outlining the problem though.
    well, I'm still happy. I've tweaked Robs tune to get it where it's getting the timing and boost he wanted and the truck is now real strong up top, stronger by a full half second over my 12.70 tune from 80 to 105 mph.............

There's nothing wrong with Robs tune, just that my LMM won't reach the numbers he's commanding, so I had to tweak things until they did. That's why it's important to datalog things to really know where you are. I thought the truck felt good from the get-go, but after the ongoing tweaks and many many datalogs it's finally reaching the timing and fuel it should, and there's a huge difference in how it runs now compared to where I started.
    new updated website!

I just did some logging and have a question. I noticed pilot #2 is off in my tune and there is a table b0990 that is adjustment to main inj. timing with pilot 2 off. The values in the table are in the 2-3.5 degree range for the most part.

I logged with both maintsel_m and pilot2T_M and pilot2q_m, so it's off for sure.

Is it coincidence that this 2-3 degrees is the amount of timing were getting robbed of even with pilot 1 on? I haven't tested anything yet.

The pilot 1 is still on in the tune I'm running right now since Jody said the changes didn't help.

I just did some logging and have a question. I noticed pilot #2 is off in my tune and there is a table b0990 that is adjustment to main inj. timing with pilot 2 off. The values in the table are in the 2-3.5 degree range for the most part.

I logged with both maintsel_m and pilot2T_M and pilot2q_m, so it's off for sure.

Is it coincidence that this 2-3 degrees is the amount of timing were getting robbed of even with pilot 1 on? I haven't tested anything yet.

The pilot 1 is still on in the tune I'm running right now since Jody said the changes didn't help.
    Pilot 1 is always on for me other than if I limit total pulses to 1 in the fuel pressure tables; but then you lose a ton of timing 10-12 degrees or more sometimes.

I now see pretty much the timing I request as long as Pilot 1 is on, but I've zeroed out #1 pilot at wot areas and 180-190 mpa fuel pressure areas. You'll know if you have it right as the pulse will drop from 240US to 150 US at 100% tp. What is yours showing? The confusing thing about that pilot is that according to the table it should not even be working at wot, the pulse table only goes to 30 mm3, and I'm seeing 110 mm3 at wot. But the scan shows it active and operating in the 3.5 mm3 tables.
    new updated website!

Maybe I need some better logs with this tune. I can't go WOT for very long around here. I looked at a log of an older tune at the track with the pilot on and it was within .5 deg of commanded timing.

But anyway, what does B0990 do?

Example....

At 3450 rpm 108mm3 my timing is 2.1degrees shy of what is commanded in a log I just did today. The value right there in b0990 is 2.0 degrees

Also my pilot 1 shows 150uS

The one with the timing where it should be was 240uS.
    Last edited by OSUBeaver; April 18th, 2009 at 10:53 AM.

Maybe I need some better logs with this tune. I can't go WOT for very long around here. I looked at a log of an older tune at the track with the pilot on and it was within .5 deg of commanded timing.

But anyway, what does B0990 do?

Example....

At 3450 rpm 108mm3 my timing is 2.1degrees shy of what is commanded in a log I just did today. The value right there in b0990 is 2.0 degrees
    I don't have that table on my LMM. It's probably a coolant temp modifier to the timing table with pulse 2 only active. Most of the multiplier tables are zeroed out when warmed up, so they don't affect timing. Should be two tables, one with degrees per rpm and mm3, and then a multiplier table that takes that degree and multiplies it by a factor to determine how much more timing to add at that rpm and mm3.

Jody
    new updated website!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast