Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My EFI Live LMM wish list

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBeaver View Post
    Jody, unless I'm missing something, you owe Rob a bowl of Cheerios since you ruined his.

I haven't nit picked every RPM/mm3 combo in the log, but at least max timing is within .5 degrees of where it should be and the Pilot1 uS, and mm3 both read zero.

Now... my times still suck 12.88 @ 104, but I probably have other persistant and outstanding "issues" as well
    I'll be glad to get Rob a new bowl of Cheerios, but on my truck with two different OS the only way to have no pilot at wot is to set max pulses to 1 in the fuel pressure maps. At that point the most timing I've seen is 22 degrees, and the last time I tried it the timing never passed 17.5 degrees, and that was at 3500 rpms. Talk about a dog.....................

So I'm sitting here wondering how he got yours to shut off and have timing. Which of his tunes are you running that got you 12.88 @ 104? What elevation, truck mods, any lift kit, big tires/wheels, etc?

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Shoot, I built some many tunes for you two, I don't know which way is up and which tune is what Jody. I'll do a compare and look at his logs and get you something shortly.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb;

So I'm sitting here wondering how he got yours to shut off and have timing. Which of his tunes are you running that got you 12.88 @ 104? What elevation, truck mods, any lift kit, big tires/wheels, etc?

Jody
    Here's the funny thing. With the last tune I raced with, with the pilot on 240uS I ran a best of 12.86 @ 105. I even messed up bracket racing and left with almost no boost, and still ran 13.5 at 105. Ran a handful of 12.93's on that tune.

Truck is lifted 4" with 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ's. I've 60'd 1.81.... last nights were 1.84ish. Need to air down and get some therapy so I can hammer down out of the hole. I think the broken input shaft last year scarred me for life. Still need to go faster, ran 12.99 with the stock turbo.

Track is Portland International Raceway....essentially sea level.

If this is correct http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...calculator.php

The DA should have been -600 feet last night.....there goes that excuse. Track is 29 feet ASL in elevation according to that.

Notice I replied to your converter thread ...... we be might twins seperated at birth.
    Last edited by OSUBeaver; April 19th, 2009 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    Shoot, I built some many tunes for you two, I don't know which way is up and which tune is what Jody. I'll do a compare and look at his logs and get you something shortly.
    I know...... and thank you for not giving up on us

I was running the last tune you gave me (Friday)

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBeaver View Post
    Notice I replied to your converter thread ...... we be might twins seperated at birth.
    thats a scary thought...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

You are right Jerry, from the logs you have no pilot and full timing. You also have room for more fuel now with the pilot off.

You need to get the truck to launch, but your shifting is horrid looking at the logs. Still doesn't appear your converter is locking in 2nd.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder

You are right Jerry, from the logs you have no pilot and full timing. You also have room for more fuel now with the pilot off.

You need to get the truck to launch, but your shifting is horrid looking at the logs. Still doesn't appear your converter is locking in 2nd.

You're right Rob..... horrid shifting. When I launch I just listen the truck and watch the tach to make sure it' not going to hit 4000rpm and hang like it has before Last night was stock TCM tune (like in my email) so it's not a tuning issue with that. I have a feeling you're going to be seeing a shiney black LMM before long.

Yeah I know I need to get it to launch. I've been pussing out on the launches (you can tell by the pedal position in the logs).... and the lift and tires isn't helping things. If I can get a good solid shifting and running truck, I'd even put little tires on it to see how fast it will go. Right now it would still be just kinda fast and look stupid. Can't have both of those
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled2.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	5155  
    Last edited by OSUBeaver; April 19th, 2009 at 04:27 AM.

thanks Rob.

Jody
    new updated website!

That's funny Jerry. For many years I've been faced with issues that come up with running big HP in these trucks. Always gets figured out with help from smart people and testing.

With the efi crew and you two testing I think we can get it all figured out. Hopefully without having to replace hard parts.

yeah, mine doesn't lock in 2nd or third as far as I can tell, never has. I'm wondering if there's a tight converter like stock that still has a triple disc, assuming this slippage is the issue with locking.

Jody
    new updated website!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast