Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turbo brake switch??????

Default turbo brake switch??????

i know how to make the smoke switch and wire it into the maf sensor and i know how to make a smoke tune and turbo brake tune but is there a way to wire in a momentary switch to close the vanes all the way giving it no throttle of course ... want to use it for turbo brake. i know a switch and resistor can fool the maf so can the same be done for turbo brake. i guess telling the maf its getting a lot of air opens vanes so would telling it that it has none close them????? any help sure appreciated.

Lifetime Member

Brayden from Fleece Performance has made a product of which you speak. it's not as easy as flipping a switch you have to and something to command the vanes and another thing to fool the ecm and of course a boost fooler too.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by justin123 View Post
    i know how to make the smoke switch and wire it into the maf sensor and i know how to make a smoke tune and turbo brake tune but is there a way to wire in a momentary switch to close the vanes all the way giving it no throttle of course ... want to use it for turbo brake. i know a switch and resistor can fool the maf so can the same be done for turbo brake. i guess telling the maf its getting a lot of air opens vanes so would telling it that it has none close them????? any help sure appreciated.
    The vanes are referenced to the requested boost tables not to the MAF. and then if the desired vane position does not produce what the desired boost that the tables are requesting then it adjust the vanes to do so.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

thanks for the info the fleece part is almost a 1000 dollars and i dont really need the boost controller cuz i have one. you think maybe theres a way i could build a circut board or something to make my own or is that just asking wayyy to much for a do it yourselfer??? thanks

Lifetime Member

Well i suppose you could develop something like that but i have no idea where to start. Probably have to that some kind of logging device to log voltages between the ecm and the turbo

Go to the duramaxdiesel forum and look up othrlgrl. ( Dustin)

He made me a sweet turbo brake Tow tune that when in tow haul mode, you let off the pedal and you get the turbo brake feature, but as soon as pedal is touched it stops .

I towed with this feature and love it! Plus the sound is amazing.
    2007 CCSB 4x4 Duramax LBZ
    Merchant built STG III Allison/ P. I. Race Converter
    lots more mods
    EFI Live V2 /DSP5 / Diesel Addiction Custom Tuning

2000 Silverado ECSB
    6.0 LQ4 , TVS 1900 , Comp 226-224 114+4
    Long tubes/Duals.
    Built 4L80E trans/ P.I. 2600 Vigilante converter
    EFI LIVE Tuning.

Shut up Tim! I've been trying to figure out how in the heck to do it!!! LOL

Glad you like it man, I drove a dodge w/ the jake brake and now i'm very jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasondt2001 View Post

Glad you like it man, I drove a dodge w/ the jake brake and now i'm very jealous!
    Oh come on Jason, you can do it! Its awesome, I almost like it better than the race tune! ALMOST!!!
    2007 CCSB 4x4 Duramax LBZ
    Merchant built STG III Allison/ P. I. Race Converter
    lots more mods
    EFI Live V2 /DSP5 / Diesel Addiction Custom Tuning

2000 Silverado ECSB
    6.0 LQ4 , TVS 1900 , Comp 226-224 114+4
    Long tubes/Duals.
    Built 4L80E trans/ P.I. 2600 Vigilante converter
    EFI LIVE Tuning.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasondt2001 View Post

You mean turbo brake. not Jake Brake.

Jacobs does not make an E-Brake for the 5.9 or the 6.7....

Yes i know the 6.7 has a turbo brake. basically the same exact thing we have. only a different turbo brand

Oh heck, I thought on the 6.7 they had the actual jacob's brake... That's what it said on the door!!

I just got mine figured out!

It does NOT like the vanes to be put at 100% - It'll take 99.5% fine with no buzz though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast