Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: converter will not lock under wot

Quote Originally Posted by jpowel29 View Post
    I just ordered the Lock-Up controller from Fleece
    I'm going to call him, did not know he had one.

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Jody,

I just found they had one this morning by reading the thread that Trent posted on DD. Apparently these are the Turbo Brake controllers that can manually command lockup and use PWM on the F solenoid (exactly what I was looking at doing but much better engineered and packaged).

I will be racing on June 20th so I could not have come up at a better time.

Let me know if you get one as well

John
    2007 2wd RCLB LBZ w/6spd Alli
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

Interested to see how that controller works since the Copilot didn't do Jack S for my first converter.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBeaver View Post
    Interested to see how that controller works since the Copilot didn't do Jack S for my first converter.

I installed the first Lock-up controller and it made my truck run extremely rough and throw codes. Turns out it was sent out with the wrong inline wiring harness for my truck. The replacement harness finally arrived yesterday morning and once it was installed the truck went into Limp Mode (which it has never done before). I called and left Brayden a voicemail and several PMs asking for help with this. I have a race tomorrow so I may just end up taking it off to get the truck back to normal.

Others may have had good luck with it but my experience thus far has been less than expected for sure.
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

I installed the first Lock-up controller and it made my truck run extremely rough and throw codes. Turns out it was sent out with the wrong inline wiring harness for my truck. The replacement harness finally arrived yesterday morning and once it was installed the truck went into Limp Mode (which it has never done before). I called and left Brayden a voicemail and several PMs asking for help with this. I have a race tomorrow so I may just end up taking it off to get the truck back to normal.

Others may have had good luck with it but my experience thus far has been less than expected for sure.
    bummer. I think it was Trent that just tried one also, and his worked great, went his quickest et so far. I'm sure Brayden will get it figured out.

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    bummer. I think it was Trent that just tried one also, and his worked great, went his quickest et so far. I'm sure Brayden will get it figured out.

Jody
    Trent's did work as advertized, without problems. I was there at the track with him. Trent never had a lockup problem before though.

This should help cover for poor converters. Great idea and Brayden will get the bugs worked out.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

My lock-up controller needed lots of tweaking before it would not throw codes or limp my truck. Brayden walked me through it and I now have it where the truck is happy with it on there. I am heading to the track tomorrow to race so I will get some data logs of the 6spd Allison pids to show when the lock-up occurs under power.
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

Lifetime Member

My lock-up controller needed lots of tweaking before it would not throw codes or limp my truck. Brayden walked me through it and I now have it where the truck is happy with it on there. I am heading to the track tomorrow to race so I will get some data logs of the 6spd Allison pids to show when the lock-up occurs under power.
    How did you tweak it?

Just needed some re-wiring (only needed to see MAP sensor from the main ECM harness. My truck was not happy with the pass-thru inline harness. Once we took that off everything was back to normal.

I posted up my new times on the d-max forums. The lock-up controller made a big difference on my truck. Having the converter lock-up early in the run made a lot of things improve.
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

Anyone have any luck with tuning their lock-up controllers? I know the Brayden was working allowing us to adj the lock-up speed, boost threshold, etc.
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast