Thanks Rob
    what converter do you run?

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    what converter do you run?

Jody

ATS 5 star. I need to do some more runs to make sure it works under true 100% WFO launch.

Rob said something about some chick named Sally and her skirt....it's almost like he was referring to me

I think it will work, just have to prove it to myself. That launch wasn't any different than ones right before it that locked later.
    Last edited by OSUBeaver; April 28th, 2009 at 02:25 PM.

Changed converters today (swapped back to my old Georend converter) and that solved my lock-up issues. Converter locks as soon as the trans shifts into second and stays locked up through the gears. I need to dial the lock-up apply speeds back up a little and tweak the release speeds & TCC solenoid min/max duty cycle setttings. Otherwise I am very happy with the results. Now I can re-focus on the remainder of the trans tune. The other converter has been sent back to be re-worked.
    2007 2wd RCLB LBZ w/6spd Alli
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBeaver View Post
    ATS 5 star. I need to do some more runs to make sure it works under true 100% WFO launch.

Rob said something about some chick named Sally and her skirt....it's almost like he was referring to me

I think it will work, just have to prove it to myself. That launch wasn't any different than ones right before it that locked later.
    yeah, my 1058 will lock in second and on with a non-boosted 4wd launch, but doesn't lock until 4th gear on a boosted launch. Need another converter, made a $1500 mistake I guess.

Jody
    new updated website!

made a $1500 mistake I guess.
    I believe thats the same boat I'm in with the 1057 ....

Have not had an opportunity to log mine at WOT launch yet. From my experience on the dyno/track, it did not lock until 3rd or 4th but I had not tried anything different in the trans tunes.
    2007 2wd RCLB LBZ w/6spd Alli
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

Nick,

mine seems to be locking now with increased min tcc duty cycle at 87.5 and 100% tp, went up to 40. Also increased maximum in the same area to 90%. Added some torque reduction and it now locks in 4th and 5th on a 1/4 mile run. It will not lock in 2nd or third though which would be worth 2-3 tenths it appears from rolling locked datalogs where it doesn't downshift and is locked before going wot, so it holds.

I just wish it could lock in 2nd and 3rd gear also for a boosted launch at the track, and I'm inclined to believe the looseness of my 1058 is probably an issue. Unless Ross can find a TCM control map to ignore slippage and lock anyway.

Jody
    jody i tried this same thing a month ago and it cause my trans to limp. not sure why. but it did not like it what so ever. i belive this is a 1058 issue as they age and wear. i never had this issue unitll lately in my truck and it gets worse and worse. never had this problem for the first 10,000 miles and never had this issue with my 1057. I will be switiching this converter out as soon as money alows since the trans builder dosent want to honor his warranty on my truck.

once locked mine will only disengage if it downshifts. Again, goes back to the theory many have that we with the aftermarket looser converters and bigger power are making more slip than the trans wants to see so it won't command the converter to lock.

Solutions seem to be:
    1. Find a table that controls the un-lock of the converter at downshift, and change it to not unlock. That would solve the rolling wot issues where the converter is locked and then you go wot to pass for example, it downshifts and unlocks and will not relock until you back off the throttle.

2. For the drags, we need to find out if there is a table that references slip in regards to locking the converter and see if it can be adjusted. It seems like once slip goes past a certain point it will not command lockup.

3. Get a tighter converter.

I have a good friend who is a trans calibrator for GM, and I've sent him an e-mail in regards to this. This may not even be a tuning issue in the trans, it may be a mechanical issue with the slippage that they cannot overcome. I'm interested in what he has to say, and will post back.

Out of curiosity, have any of you guys got your truck to lock in second or third gear on a dragstrip run? I think Rob mentioned his locks in 3rd. I've lowered the 2nd and 3rd gear lockup down to 18 mph, but mine won't lock until 4th on a boosted 4wd launch and run. At least it's locking again in 4th and 5th gear, but getting it to lock in 3rd and maybe 2nd would definitely pick up some et.Jody
    mine will lock in 3rd if in th mode only other wise my truck will not luck untill i let off the throttle a little i have hit 4000 rpms getting on the freeway before becasue the converter never locked

You can all disregard my above post about it working. The only reason it was playing nice is because I was launching like grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUBeaver View Post
    You can all disregard my above post about it working. The only reason it was playing nice is because I was launching like grandma.
    yeah, if I launch wot but no boost, it will lock in 2nd gear on. If I do a boosted launch, even at lower psi levels it will not lock until 4th gear. Difference is the non-boosted launch has 15 psi less boost at the 1-2 shift than the boosted one; less boost, less power, less slippage............. so it commands the lock up.

Jody
    new updated website!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast