Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: converter will not lock under wot

Quote Originally Posted by fire0021 View Post
    jody i tried this same thing a month ago and it cause my trans to limp. not sure why. but it did not like it what so ever. i belive this is a 1058 issue as they age and wear. i never had this issue unitll lately in my truck and it gets worse and worse. never had this problem for the first 10,000 miles and never had this issue with my 1057. I will be switiching this converter out as soon as money alows since the trans builder dosent want to honor his warranty on my truck.
    may be, but I have datalogs a couple days after the install and it wasn't locking until 4th gear then either. With mine, it's always been this way.

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

I will get some data logs while at TS to see how my converter is doing on a full pass.
    2007 2wd RCLB LBZ w/6spd Alli
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

I really feel this is a converter issue as I've personally raced a very heavy 8500+ lb, high HP LMM with a 1054 converter that locked everytime in 2nd gear without changing a thing in the stock tcm.

I believe that with the higher HP that we are now obtaining, the older converter styles are too loose.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Switched converters and lock-up is back. Unfortunately did not get to make a single pass down the strip while at TS because the drags were canceled and then I was at the truck pulls while they opened up the track for test & tune. The converter locked up fine on the dyno but I was not running my truck.
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

Quote Originally Posted by jpowel29 View Post
    Switched converters and lock-up is back. Unfortunately did not get to make a single pass down the strip while at TS because the drags were canceled and then I was at the truck pulls while they opened up the track for test & tune. The converter locked up fine on the dyno but I was not running my truck.
    good to know that the converter is the issue. I'm just hoping that we can gain access to some slip tables in the tcm so that I don't have to spend $1500+ install for a converter that locks in second and third gear on a boosted launch.

Jody
    new updated website!

I sent my Hughes converter back for them to take a look at it. They opened it up and said it looked like new (looked as if the lock-up clutched had never applied). I re-explained the issues we are seeing with excessive slippage and the inability of the tuning software to influence lock-up under these conditions. The Goerend converter locks up hard in T/H and holds (and does not heat up the trans fluid fast due to less slippage). Dyno data logs were done while the truck was holding 4th gear under WOT so I have yet to get a full data log with the truck up-shifting through all the gears under WOT. I will be back on the track May 29th-30th for more testing and racing.
    Extra Air & Fuel
    Still tweaking

I am about to order a scIV kit (hopefully), should I be avoiding the 1058? The 1057 was originally recommended when I was looking into this, then the 1058 back in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky8370 View Post
    I am about to order a scIV kit (hopefully), should I be avoiding the 1058? The 1057 was originally recommended when I was looking into this, then the 1058 back in January.
    I would avoid it, unless you aren't going to race the truck, or possibly if you are running a milder combo. You can still race with it, but it won't lock in second at the track with a boosted launch, so that does affect the et some. I still went 12.75 at 108+ with it that way, but now that I know that other converters will lock in second gear on, it bugs me that this one won't.

Jody
    new updated website!

Lifetime Member

I just got a stage 3 with a 1056 with about 500rw. I havent had a chance to log, but I think it is not locking in 2nd and 3rd. I know it was locking on the highway even at WOT.

I having a 1054 installed tomorrow. Might be able to run it Friday night.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast