Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My commanded AFR is changing rich on me!

DYNCYLAIR_DMA indexes into B5913 and B5914 to see where you are on the spark map.

DYNAIR is calculated from PCM using MAP, RPM, Temp, and can be used to compare VE and MAF.

Ok cool.. i'll do some logging and post up.

Thanks for the help!
    1992 Turbo LSX Notchback Mustang 275 radial car - under construction
    2008 Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Lifetime Member

Random question, joecar how do you get the scan tool to link up both RPM columns like that?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Random question, joecar how do you get the scan tool to link up both RPM columns like that?
    Erik,

In the scantool chart display, drag the vertical cursor to select a portion of the chart trace (i.e. say a few seconds worth, covering a range of RPM say)... then in the tunetool you will see those RPM rows/cols highlighted...

This feature allows you to correlate a very specific part of the chart trace to the tunetool tables cells/rows/cols... very handy as you can see.

Cheers
    Joe
    :^)

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The HOS2x1 voltages 850-905mV indicate a little lean at WOT... 920-930mV would be good (but do use a wideband).
    Don't fall into the trap of believing narrowband O2 data at WOT. It's absolutely useless, especially if you don't know the temperature at the tip of the HEGO. You're on the right path when suggesting to just use a good wideband here.

I haven't had a chance to pour through the files, but you may also want to look at the AIR or IVT gains to see if one of those is responsible for your change in commanded EQR. The PCM will always take the richest of its EQR commands in an attempt to remain safe. So, even if PE isn't that rich, something else very well may be...
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Greg, very good point... "use a good wideband".

Greg,

Unrelated to this thread, a question that I'm still not sure about:

If running with CLMAF, what happens at WOT... does the PCM still use the MAF or does it revert to VE...?

</hijack>

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Erik,

In the scantool chart display, drag the vertical cursor to select a portion of the chart trace (i.e. say a few seconds worth, covering a range of RPM say)... then in the tunetool you will see those RPM rows/cols highlighted...

This feature allows you to correlate a very specific part of the chart trace to the tunetool tables cells/rows/cols... very handy as you can see.

Cheers
    Joe
    :^)
    Cool, didnt know that! Learn something new everyday thats for sure.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Don't fall into the trap of believing narrowband O2 data at WOT. It's absolutely useless, especially if you don't know the temperature at the tip of the HEGO. You're on the right path when suggesting to just use a good wideband here.

I haven't had a chance to pour through the files, but you may also want to look at the AIR or IVT gains to see if one of those is responsible for your change in commanded EQR. The PCM will always take the richest of its EQR commands in an attempt to remain safe. So, even if PE isn't that rich, something else very well may be...
    Good deal, I always use a LC1 when tuning.. I just didn't have it in for that outing. My actual typically is a little richer than commanded so I shouldn't be lean.

Joecar, thanks i'll richen up the VE a little in those spots, but doesn't my PE rely solely on info from the MAF at that rpm?

Greg, thanks for the insight. Could you possibly give me the ID tag for those tables?
    1992 Turbo LSX Notchback Mustang 275 radial car - under construction
    2008 Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Chris81 View Post

Joecar, thanks i'll richen up the VE a little in those spots, but doesn't my PE rely solely on info from the MAF at that rpm?
    That's what I used to think, but I'm not sure of that anymore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast