Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6l80e shift time completion

Try to switch the apapts off and get the tune right in terms of desired/actual shift times and pressures then reapply adapts. We simply need more tables to control the A6 properly at these high power levels ...

Alex

how can you change how fast it shifts, if desired is .2 but takes .8 what needs to be modified to get the actuals down to desired

Leave adapts turned on. Thats the tip.
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by b18cls1 View Post
    how can you change how fast it shifts, if desired is .2 but takes .8 what needs to be modified to get the actuals down to desired
    Adapts should stay on once you get it sorted (or dont ever switch it off as Steve says). Try to increase the shift times (0.3+) ... dont rush the shifts .... and pressures (1500). You need to control on-coming / off-going clutch settings to get the base tune right (which Efi doesnt have) and then adapt range and consistency should improve.

Alex

Hi Alex
    i have been cautioned against turning off adapts and playing on clutch settings by some master US tuners (spoken on the phone).
    I have found the exact opposite of what you have suggested is the key to getting better shifts. One issue we see though is inconsistency box to box, we believe a lot of this is differing levels of fluid in the boxes, they really need a larger pan.
    I really dont want to share all the specifics since we have developed quite a good box tune , but it still varies car to car much more than in a 4L65
    Oztrack

www.oztrack.com.au

It will adapt to be quicker. But you have to have torque reduction turned on.
    Oztrack

www.oztrack.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by oztracktuning View Post
    Hi Alex
    i have been cautioned against turning off adapts and playing on clutch settings by some master US tuners (spoken on the phone).
    I have found the exact opposite of what you have suggested is the key to getting better shifts. One issue we see though is inconsistency box to box, we believe a lot of this is differing levels of fluid in the boxes, they really need a larger pan.
    I really dont want to share all the specifics since we have developed quite a good box tune , but it still varies car to car much more than in a 4L65
    Yeah that may be true. I have experienced it the other way with multiple cars but then again everyone i speak to says different things about different cars. Obviously it is hard to talk about something you cannot talk about ... it would certainly be alot easier if we had adapt pids so it would be possible to see what the adapts are actually doing and why ...

Alex

ive tried just about everything i can try on this thing still it will hang. im about ready to thow this trans in the garbage

Quote Originally Posted by b18cls1 View Post
    ive tried just about everything i can try on this thing still it will hang. im about ready to thow this trans in the garbage
    Steve seems to have the answer to these problems with high hp cars (like his) why dont you buy the tune of him to sort it?

Alex

if someone has a tune that will fix this thing i would buy it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast