Thread: Going from DSP2 switch to DSP5 switch

Default Going from DSP2 switch to DSP5 switch

Can I just use the same wires or do I need to pull the pins out of the ECM and swap them? I was thinking about splicing so that I wont have to go into the ECM again and have to pull the pin out. Also does the DSP5 switch use the same pin location as the DSP2 pins? I have an 02 duramax, thanks.

Lifetime Member

If you have a V2 you could just switch the tunes via your V2...but if you want the switch Im not sure.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

They are on different pins.
    The DSP2 was a simple switch that either grounded the input or didn't, the DSP5 input measures the voltages on the pin.
    As was suggested in the last post, just leave the DSP2 switch in place and switch the DSP5 tunes via the V2.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    They are on different pins.
    The DSP2 was a simple switch that either grounded the input or didn't, the DSP5 input measures the voltages on the pin.
    As was suggested in the last post, just leave the DSP2 switch in place and switch the DSP5 tunes via the V2.

Cheers,
    Ross
    So what are the pins to use for the DSP5? I don't have the directions for it.

Last edited by Tordne; February 23rd, 2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Corrected URL
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

This link dosent work any more. I am looking for a tutorial that will show me how to install the DSP2 in an LB7. I found the document for LBZ/LLY install of the DSP2 but it mentions MANY times that it is only for LBZ and LLY.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Tordne; February 23rd, 2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Corrected URL

I've corrected the URL in the above posts.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew