Thread: Aeroforce Interceptor gauges w/amplifier analog input into EFI V2

Default Aeroforce Interceptor gauges w/amplifier analog input into EFI V2

I have dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges with an EGT. The Aeroforce gauges use the ODBII port for most of there inputs except for the EGT, which utilizes an analog 0-5v output amplifier between the EGT type K thermocouple and the gauge.

For a number of reasons, I do not want to unland the EGT wires on the Aeroforce amplifier and plug them into the V2 (mainly because the amplifier is in front of the firewall because of thermocouple wire lead lenght). The Aeroforce amplifier has a 0-5v output that I can wire into the analog input into the V2. In no case will the V2 and the Aeroforce be on at the same time, as the Aeroforce gauges are powered by the ODBII port.

My question is this, how do I convert the 0-5v output from the amplifier into a temperature that I can display/record with the scan tool? How do I make a PID that will do what I want?

According to Aeroforce the amplifier/EGT probe kit, it has a slope of 394.5 and an intercept of 0 for setting the gauge to read in degrees F.

I am a complete nubie to EFILive and want to be able to view/log my EGT along with other parameters when I am making test runs on new tunes.

Thank you.
    Black Max....

'03 2500 4x4 CC/LB; HTT SS-66/16/71, EFILive DSP-5 & tunes by McRat , II Mod CP3, PPE Lift Pump;
    RDL Uppies, Banks Intake, Exhaust;
    ATS Stage 3 w/CoPilot , by Top Jimmy Performance, Mike L Cooler;
    AeroForce Dualscan Gauges.

BM,

In y = 394.5*x + 0 does x range 0-5V and y range 0-1972.5°F...?

Is the amplifier 0-5V output just straight analog (i.e. not K type thermocouple output)...?

Post your calc_pids.txt file located in My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    BM,

In y = 394.5*x + 0 does x range 0-5V and y range 0-1972.5°F...?

Is the amplifier 0-5V output just straight analog (i.e. not K type thermocouple output)...?

Post your calc_pids.txt file located in My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration.
    According to Aeroforce, the amplifier is 0-5v output. It is NOT a k-type thermocouple output. The information they provide is attached.

I can not currenlty post the calc-pidx.txt file, as I have the truck in pieces (as in most of the wiring harness is disconnected from the engine) and am trying to get it put back together. Part of puting it back together was the installation of the Aeroforce gauges. If i read their information correctly, the EGT probe does not read below zero in degrees F.

Thanx for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Black Max....

'03 2500 4x4 CC/LB; HTT SS-66/16/71, EFILive DSP-5 & tunes by McRat , II Mod CP3, PPE Lift Pump;

Try this calc_pids.txt file (attched)...

copy it to My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration (but first save the old calc_pids.txt file).

When you open the scantool, goto the PIDs tab, click in the right hand column heading to sort on that col, then look down for CALC.EGT1 and 2.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Try this calc_pids.txt file (attched)...

copy it to My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration (but first save the old calc_pids.txt file).

When you open the scantool, goto the PIDs tab, click in the right hand column heading to sort on that col, then look down for CALC.EGT1 and 2.
    Cool,

Thank you.
    Black Max....