Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMM: Strange defuel

Lifetime Member

So you simply loaded the Options.txt file from the download straight into your V2 and started logging? That works just fine but you have 0 control over your PID selection until you fire up Notepad and go edit the Options.txt file with the appropriate PIDs. It is located in the "C:\ProgramData\EFILive\V8\Config" for Vista and for 2000/XP "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8". Look for the LMM Auto part in the file and look at how the TCM PIDs are added into the ECM PID section.

You cannot log both the ECM and TCM using a laptop with V7, when V8 is fully released you will be able to but until then you need to use V2 BBL.

If either of you need help setting up your Options.txt file let me know!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    So you simply loaded the Options.txt file from the download straight into your V2 and started logging? That works just fine but you have 0 control over your PID selection until you fire up Notepad and go edit the Options.txt file with the appropriate PIDs. It is located in the "C:\ProgramData\EFILive\V8\Config" for Vista and for 2000/XP "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8". Look for the LMM Auto part in the file and look at how the TCM PIDs are added into the ECM PID section.

You cannot log both the ECM and TCM using a laptop with V7, when V8 is fully released you will be able to but until then you need to use V2 BBL.

If either of you need help setting up your Options.txt file let me know!

thanks, but no application data in mine. Thought I had all the updates.................

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Lifetime Member

I'm not trying to log ECM and TCM at the same time. I'm just trying to log TCM with the laptop, and I don't have any available transmission PIDs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    I'm not trying to log ECM and TCM at the same time. I'm just trying to log TCM with the laptop, and I don't have any available transmission PIDs.
    same here.

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Josh,
    I've looked at your tune...try table B1122 and see what happens, maybe just max it out

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    thanks, but no application data in mine. Thought I had all the updates.................

Jody
    Have you looked under your user name as well? Im not sure why the document says this (I copied it straight from the EFILive doc) but IIRC on my Win XP machines there was nothing in the All Users section instead it was under my user name.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    same here.

Jody
    Hmmm...stupid question but have you guys validated the trans PIDs in the scan tool? Connect to the the TCM (File->Select Controller) then validate the PIDs for that controller (Info->Validate PIDs). Just selecting the TCM will not give you the PIDs until you validate them.

If this doesnt work then maybe there's something deeper going on here that support needs to address. This is what I had to do when I scanned my P10 initially and again a few weeks ago when I connected to my E67 and again with my T42.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Hmmm...stupid question but have you guys validated the trans PIDs in the scan tool? Connect to the the TCM (File->Select Controller) then validate the PIDs for that controller (Info->Validate PIDs). Just selecting the TCM will not give you the PIDs until you validate them.
    Yes, you need to validate pids like scarab said. the 08 07 06 allisons are all the same. I have had zero problems logging mine.

If this gives you problems i would suggest using BBL to log instead. Its a lot easier than you might think and it will log both TCM and ECM at the same time which is extremely helpful when trying to hunt down a little bugger like that.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by LBZoom View Post
    Josh,
    I've looked at your tune...try table B1122 and see what happens, maybe just max it out
    I'll give it a look and see what it does. Thanks.

If this doesnt work then maybe there's something deeper going on here that support needs to address. This is what I had to do when I scanned my P10 initially and again a few weeks ago when I connected to my E67 and again with my T42.
    I thought that's what it did when the green bar was progressing across the screen when you connected, but I haven't tried it so I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12