Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got my EGR Done but - My new OS is 12632483 anyone seen this?

Default Just got my EGR Done but - My new OS is 12632483 anyone seen this?

I was just curious if anyone else has this OS number... The reason I ask is earlier today when I dowloaded it there was a RED file folder on the left hand side... Yes, RED not yellow... it said something about locking the ECM so a tech II or other programmer could not read the calibration data...

Now for some reason I have internet access and have NO idea where i found it... I know my computer updated efilive after i got home but, now it's GONE

I know you're not supposed to be able to track the LBZ CVN's, The only reason I'm asking is because now my conspiracy theory is back after seeing that red folder and i'm wondering if they've changed something...

I just want to flick my EGR off... LOL

If any efi'ers or admins want my stock OS file let me know... I can't seem to find the damn file folder now though..

- Jason

Lifetime Member

If you plug your V2 in before you fire up the Tune program you will have access to this locking parameter. Well its more of a lock out for other bootloaders from what I understand, EFILive can still write easily to it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Actually anything can do a "Full Flash" to a locked ecm. It's just that no one even a tech II cannot read out the calibration. However, the CVN number will be changed and can be read out...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Thanks guys. I'm just worried (as we all are) about this being some sort of new 'snooper' program :P.
    I always go back to stock before going to the dealer though.

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    Actually anything can do a "Full Flash" to a locked ecm. It's just that no one even a tech II cannot read out the calibration. However, the CVN number will be changed and can be read out...
    as long as it goes back to stock (LBZ wise) it's still right?
    I mean dealer wise after I flash it back to stock, I just want to dis-able my EGR as the light came on AGAIN after 80 miles..

send your stock file to

mike@mmdieselperformance.com and I can take a look if you want.

You can read it correct?
    12 Second LMM

Yes, I can read it fine. Just that folder that I've NEVER seen again threw me off... I sent it your way, thank you!

Hey Jason -

Will you check your mileage with the new OS and get back to us on whether you noticed any change? I got about a 2mpg drop when they reflashed me with that OS. I painstakingly compared all the Engine Operation tables between my original stock OS and the 12632483 OS and they are identical, except for the post injection #2 timing base, which is shifted to the left by one column. I zero'd out the post#2 amount and got back about 3/4 of a mpg, but still a loss of at least 1 mpg from the original. I think there has to be something else going on in these OS's that Ross hasn't discovered yet. I know he has a lot to do but I wish he would take a look at the full differences between OS 12632483 and OS 12606128.
    2007 Sierra Classic GMC, Crew Cab, SB 2500HD SLT, Blocked and Fingered, 45 Gal. TransferFlow Tank, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16 on stock wheels, B&W Turnover Ball hitch, Air Lift Air bags.

Hey Vegas!
    To be honest with you I've been reading everyone complain about losing the fuel milage after the reflash also!
    However, my truck 'seems' to get better milage after the flash. I have no proof of it and it's at the dealer right now (another dealer) because the light came BACK on!!

When I do get some solid numbers I'll post 'em up for you though!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasondt2001 View Post
    as long as it goes back to stock (LBZ wise) it's still right?
    I mean dealer wise after I flash it back to stock, I just want to dis-able my EGR as the light came on AGAIN after 80 miles..
    Yes if you go back to 100% stock. the way it rolled out of the factory it will be fine. but anything can do a full flash over a "locked" ECM whether it's back to stock or otherwise.

And the reason why you only saw the red folder once is because you haven't had the V2 plugged into the computer while you were viewing your tune.

You HAVE TO have the V2 plugged in while editing your tuning to enable that option.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast