Thread: 99 Vortec 5.7 after handheld returned to stock

Default 99 Vortec 5.7 after handheld returned to stock

Had a 99 5.7 vortec with a hypertech handheld on it. Returned the handheld to stock and read the tune out and almost 1/2 the DTC's were showing X not reported including MAF, O2's MAP, IAT, etc. No way the truck would run with them deleted like they were but it would. I ended up just copying the DTC's from another known stock file and then tuned the truck. The fueling at WOT was WAY off for just having headers and it always showed OL. Is it possible the handheld corrupted something in the tune? Its a 99 OS 09360505 which I couldnt find a another tune with the OS.

anyone?

No one on here has a stock tune for that OS?

Lifetime Member

I dont, sorry...... I have a few ecms on the shelf. I'll check tomorrow.

Aparently it may be something with efi live and that OS. I had a guy send me a file he converted from tunercats and it looks the same way as the one I read with almost all the DTC's showing X not reposted. He opened the same file in tunercats and it looks normal.

Can you post the tune file from the PCM.

This is what I read out after the handheld was removed and it said vehicle was returned to stock.

L31 1999 5.7 1500 Silverado Stock.ctz

Lifetime Member

Just checked. Nothing here matches....

Lifetime Member

So in tunercats they dont say all not reported as they do in efilive? That is funky looking in efi live.Can you do a compare with another os from same year or one newer? For what its worth i would not trust what efilive says about anything about black box vortec pcms or anything related to 1998-2002 4 cylinder pcms. The diagnostic dtc tables are so far out in left field it is totally useless. you cannot change any of the dtcs and expect them to work as expected. Trust me i have been screwing around with them for 6 years. Jesse from wait for me has said it is useless with efilive as their is no interest in fixing a screw up from the beginning. Move on and tune it with tunercats. No excuses from those guys. Sorry efi live. Dont mean to start an argument. Dont really care. lol.
    Last edited by slows10; June 8th, 2015 at 01:07 PM.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

No in tunercats it looks normal, according to the people that have opened it in tuners cats. Another file someone sent me looks the same way in EFI but looks normal in tunercats. Unfortunately I about ever other tuning suite out there except tuner cats. The DTC's are obviously not correct because it runs and drives with them showing all out of whack. I took and copied and pasted the correct DTC's out of another tune into this one and it sorta worked but I still get EGR codes even though I deleted it. I have tuned vortec's before and never came across this before except all the ones I tuned before were stock and never hand a handheld on them like this truck.