Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible stand-alone tune downloading

Lifetime Member

Default Possible stand-alone tune downloading

I have seen post on future V2 like stand-alone tune uploading. Would downloading a tune be stand-alone as well?

Thanks for your time and help.
    Brian

Brian,

Yes, uploading/downloading (i.e. both directions) will be supported... Paul is working on these features.

Lifetime Member

Kool!!! Thanks for the info and a great tool. It just keeps getting better. Can't wait to have something new to try.

Thanks
    Brian

Lifetime Member

yea...

Lifetime Member

Well you know....

This is a good gimmick... just to not have a laptop around for the occasional tuner... But honestly.... BBL is as good as it gets... I use diablosport to tune and i totally HATE BBF. why? because its a 2 step process rather than a FLASH IT NOW button like we have now.

I want the feature, but as a workshop... its useless.

Just a my opinion.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

BBF will work something like this:
    - from your PC you will download several previously edited tune files to your V2;
    - take V2 to car, select which tune file, and write it.

This is way different than the handheld tuner which asks you to answer a series of questions before it downloads [slowly, I might add].

Lifetime Member

Ill use it for making 3 or 4 tunes with slight tweaks then loading them onto my V2 for a roadtrip. Then I can flash tunes at a rest stop and see what the effects are and flash back immediately without dragging the laptop out of the trunk.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Well you know....

This is a good gimmick... just to not have a laptop around for the occasional tuner... But honestly.... BBL is as good as it gets... I use diablosport to tune and i totally HATE BBF. why? because its a 2 step process rather than a FLASH IT NOW button like we have now.

I want the feature, but as a workshop... its useless.

Just a my opinion.
    You get an F.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Ill use it for making 3 or 4 tunes with slight tweaks then loading them onto my V2 for a roadtrip. Then I can flash tunes at a rest stop and see what the effects are and flash back immediately without dragging the laptop out of the trunk.
    You get an A++.

But it is more than that. You don't have need a laptop. You don't have to keep a laptop in your car that can get stole. It doesn't matter if your laptop battery dies. The FS2 runs off the cars power.
    There are a 1000 advantages.

Plus. I got EFILIVE for full retail in sept 2006 with the promise of BBF. It is 2009. I am actually a really nice guy. I have helped out a ton of people in my life that still to this day owe me. However, how far can you push me around with this release date???

Sorry for sounding like a total bitch. I just don't know what else to say. This is just a bad situation.

Thanks.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed View Post
    You get an F.

You get an A++.

But it is more than that. You don't have need a laptop. You don't have to keep a laptop in your car that can get stole. It doesn't matter if your laptop battery dies. The FS2 runs off the cars power.
    There are a 1000 advantages.

Plus. I got EFILIVE for full retail in sept 2006 with the promise of BBF. It is 2009. I am actually a really nice guy. I have helped out a ton of people in my life that still to this day owe me. However, how far can you push me around with this release date???

Sorry for sounding like a total bitch. I just don't know what else to say. This is just a bad situation.

Thanks.
    Who are you to grade me... or anyone else.. keep the comments like that to yourself...

If you do not like the product.. go get a diablosport...

Sorry.. this is the best there is in the market... I just stated an opinion and observations... As much as I like the BBF and I know its advantages, I was just stating that having the pass-thru was even MORE important...

Get a grip. Paul and Ross have made WONDERS with this software, and I am grateful that I can actually PAY for this and have a software like this one that continually evolves.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Who are you to grade me... or anyone else.. keep the comments like that to yourself...

If you do not like the product.. go get a diablosport...

Sorry.. this is the best there is in the market... I just stated an opinion and observations... As much as I like the BBF and I know its advantages, I was just stating that having the pass-thru was even MORE important...

Get a grip. Paul and Ross have made WONDERS with this software, and I am grateful that I can actually PAY for this and have a software like this one that continually evolves.

Try paying some tax to the federal government or becoming an actual state.

No on in PR knows shit about cars.

Show me the famous racers in NHRA from PR?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast