Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LLY - Just do what I say!

Default LLY - Just do what I say!

Ok folks, below is a file that will hopefully start to help us track down where this problem is with the commanded mm3 not staying where you want it to under full load.

I've attached an experimental gm_enhanced.prn file, this defines all the PID's in the software. I would suggested moving the existing file somewhere safe before you overwrite it with the one attached.
    The file needs to go in to the directory -
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration
    You will need to log these with a laptop connected, not using BBL.

Because there is simply too many channels to log at once if you were to log all the new PID's you will just have to keep logging various combinations until we see the problem. You must keep the channel count at or below 24 or the ECM will switch to slow mode logging which will be useless for trying to track this problem.

There is some base PID's that you must log each time for this test.

SAE.RPM
    SAE.VSS
    GM.TP

Then with whatever channels are left over choose from the range of new DMA PID's under the group "Diesel TEST"
    Within this group please make sure you always log -

GM.FUELQ-01_DMA
    GM.FUELQ-03_DMA
    GM.FUELQ-06_DMA

Those three 'should' show the final mm3 value the engine gets and the mm3 based on the throttle position, we need these as they are the start and end values of the mm3 calculation.
    Once those are setup then just select as many others you can to remain at or below 24 channels and hope we catch it in one of the other PID's.

What we should see is something along the lines of the throttle demanded of 100mm3, then the final of 70mm3, then we just need to find the PID value that is making that difference of 30mm3. The PID's might not mean a great deal, but they will help me narrow down the area in the code responsible for pulling the 30mm3 of fuel.

Good luck and please post any logs showing the problem in this thread.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Ok thanks for the help im going to get a log. To me it dosent seem like my LLY has a fuel limiter, if I turn off the maf limiting it will smoke pretty good. It just feels like bad turbo lag. I can see manifold pressure go from ambient to negative when I go WOT from idle.

Lifetime Member

Should I turn off my maf limiting?

Lifetime Member

Here is a log I took, but the only thing is I forgot to turn off my maf limiting. Besides that it seems like its commanding fuel right when I request it. It would not let me log with 24 pids though so I had to cut it down to just what you needed.
    But it seems like I finally messed with the maf limiting table to get almost no smoke, but I dont know if it is hurting my spool up? It seems like it is.

I will try to take another log without the limiting.

got the new test group loaded, i'll log a few at the track this weekend. Thanks for the help in this matter.
    2004 Duramax LLY, 71.5mm Cheetah turbo, Mike L, Transmission, EFI Live

No worries, lets see what shows up.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I forgot, I forgot to post the log up.

I had the best intentions of getting this logged, but ended up in the staging lane and couldnt find the pids and ended up logging limited data, to add insult to injury, I almost hit the wall on this run notice where the vss drops from 96 mph to 39 mph rather quickly. Also notice the hesitation that i've been complaining about, it takes me from 1579 rpm to around 2011 rpm to hit 100mm3 of fuel at 100% throttle, not that mattered as shortly after reaching 100mm3 of fuel I ended up sideways heading for the wall.
    2004 Duramax LLY, 71.5mm Cheetah turbo, Mike L, Transmission, EFI Live

Unless you are logging the new PID's then I can't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryJewell View Post
    I had the best intentions of getting this logged, but ended up in the staging lane and couldnt find the pids and ended up logging limited data, to add insult to injury, I almost hit the wall on this run notice where the vss drops from 96 mph to 39 mph rather quickly. Also notice the hesitation that i've been complaining about, it takes me from 1579 rpm to around 2011 rpm to hit 100mm3 of fuel at 100% throttle, not that mattered as shortly after reaching 100mm3 of fuel I ended up sideways heading for the wall.
    Looks to me like the 1500 to 2000 rpm thing is happening due to the last line ( 100 % throttle ) in B0727. Also look at B1105 as a possible limiter. Also doesn't look like the tires started to spin till well after the 2011 rpm hitting 100mm3 (3400 rpm ). Looks as if the shift/torque might have started the spin to occur.

The tire spin follows more along the lines of pounds of air a minute / mass air flow.
    Last edited by abkimble; May 13th, 2009 at 09:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast