Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing PID's in v. 7.5.5 build 84

Default Missing PID's in v. 7.5.5 build 84

Hey guys,
    I've been on the road with work a lot lately, but managed to get a full day at home on Tuesday. As such there were some cars waiting to be tuned, one of which is a very high priority. It's a 66 chevelle with an LS7 running an E67 ecm, and is running very poorly. When I went to start my logging and initial tuning I couldn't get access to a lot of the PID's I need. As you can see in the screenshot not only do I have access to very few PID's but categories as well. I'm completely missing the e67 tab. I tried a number of things, including validating PID's, and uninstalling efilive and reinstalling from the latest files on the site. I even tried installing on a laptop the customer had laying around, with the newest version, and the PID's were still missing. All was to no avail, and made for a very frustrating time. When I got home I checked my desktop running v. 7.5.3 build 36 the problem was not there. Did I miss something? It seems the GM and DMA stuff in particular is non existent. Thanks for any help and insight, hopefully I can get this squared away for a Monday tune session.
    -Brandon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	318.3 KB 
ID:	5333  

Lifetime Member

Whoa there man, latest build is 7.5.5 build 84 (85s coming up soon from what I hear). Uninstall EFILive, download 7.5.5 build 72 from the main download page then once its installed run the update program to get build 84. Then validate the PIDs with your FlashScan hooked to your engine. Also you will need to download 8.1.2 and run the update program for it as well, then update V2s bootblock and firmware. There is a sticky joecar made how to do all of this!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Erik,
    Sorry, I should have put it somewhere other than in the title, I am running 7.5.5 build 84. in addition to 8.1.2. The screenshot is after completely wiping efilive, reinstalling and attempting to validate pid's.
    Thanks.

So after a few more attempts it seems to be fine. All I did differently was disable my software that protects the registry. Weird. Thanks.

The EFILive software writes/reads some things to/from the registry.

Lifetime Member

Gotcha man, didnt realize you'd upgraded to the latest stuff.

Glad to hear you've got it working now, does your registry software let you add exceptions?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

So I thought I was in the clear, got back to the car today and no go. As soon as I validated the PID's the entire e67 category and its contents disappeared, and I'm back to where the screen-shot left off. E67 was selected as the controller, the OS is 19211212. This has me soo frustrated. HELP!! Thanks
    Brandon

I pm'd Tech Support.

thanks joe! Where abouts in socal are ya? I don't know too many efilive users in the area. I'm in Huntington Beach

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

There is a bug with the V7 software that can cause the PIDs not to show up correctly.
    After validating the PIDs, or even just loading a log file, or connecting to a vehicle, i.e. anything that may require the EFILive software to update its list of valid/invalid PIDs, the F8 tab page may not get updated to reflect the new PIDs.

Try clicking on one of the column headers which will re-sort the PID list in the order of that column. That has the effect of forcing EFILive to update the list of PIDs in that list.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast